Chapter 20

The day after tomorrow came no signs of Cassy was seen nor felt. Irene will be discharged today. It's currently 9 am and at 10:30 am a mass for Jake will be held at Forbes. He is already cremated and is already in their mini altar already. Greggy was paying the bills while Imee was helping her sister fix their things.

"M-manang?" Irene asked. Her wounds still hurts but it hurts her more that her daughter didn't even visit her.

"Yes ading?"

"G-galit ba saakin si Cassy? H-hindi kasi niya ako binibisita." Irene said and bowed her head.

"Ading, hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin eh." Imee said and sat beside her.

"P-please tell me. I-i just want to see my daughter." Imee just sighed and told Irene everything.

"U-umiiwas si Cassy sa Daddy niya. I don't know where she is right now. Baka nasa bahay ko o nasa bahay ni Mommy." Imee told her sister and and held her hand. Tears are streaming down her face.

"M-manang kailangan ako ng anak ko. K-kailangan niya ako." Irene said and trying to stand up.

"Pupuntahan ko siya. Manang pupuntahan ko yung anak ko please." Irene cried. Nararamdaman niya ang hapdi ng sugat niya ngunit binabalewala niya ito.

"H-hey hey. After the mass ok? After the mass. Ipapasama kita kina Manong." Imee said she assister her sister in sitting down and hugged her. She wiped her tears.

"Talk to your husband pagkauwi ha? Talk to him." Imee said. Irene just composed herself and just in time Greggy went in the room.

"Hi the bills are settled hon. Let's go." Greggy said. He was about to help her wife transfer to the wheelchair but

"Manang can you help me please." Irene said leaving her husband dumbfounded. Imee assisted her sister and pushed her wheelchair.

They all went home silently as no one dared to talk in the car. The moment they reached Forbes, Luis and Alfonso helped their Mom. They are the ones who's assisting Irene as she refuses to talk nor let his husband hold her. They are just in time as the mass is about to start.

Cassy's POV

I am alive. I am still alive. HIndi ko alam bakit. My wounds from the blade is still fresh like my wound in my lips. I checked my phone and saw hundreds of messages from my family especially to Mommy. She was waiting for me. She was looking for me. I'm sorry Mommy. Hindi ko pa kaya eh. I decided na wag nalang siguro mag mukmok right now I need to be strong. Naligo na ako at nag ayos. I just wore a hoodie to hide my scars and shorts. Kakatapos ko lang mag online class. Yes, I still go to class kahit ganito ang situation. I can't let my situation affect my valedictory place. Tinapos ko lang ang aking school works and went downstairs to cook for myself.

Wala parin nakaka alam kung nasaan ako. Ok lang, they can't see my like this naman. While I was cooking someone called me. But it's an unknown number. I was hesitant if I will answer it pero baka importante.

"H-hello? W-who's this?"

"Cassy." It was Tita Imee. Fuck!

"W-wrong number." I was about to end the call when she spoke again.

"C-cassy please. K-kakatapos lang ng mass for your brother. Hinahanap ka ng Mommy mo."

"T-tita."

"Anak alam ko nasaktan ka. Alam ko yun. Pero please don't let yourself suffer this way. Nasaan ka?"

"Tita I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I said and ended the call. Hindi ko kaya. Hindi ko pa kaya. I shut down my phone and continued cooking. Let me be alone.

Irene's POV
The mass just ended and my family all went home. Except for Manang Imee. I was about to go see my daughter when Greggy held my hand.