Chapter 19

It was the last day of Irene's funeral and it has been the most painful week for Cassy. Greggy blamed her for what happened to her wife and to her son. She was prohibited to visit her Mom and her brother at the chapel. She will sneak out only if Imelda is there or Greggy is not around. Imelda ordered her to speak later. She'll be giving a eulogy for her Mom.

It's now 7pm and the mass for Irene and his son started. Cassy is in between Imee and Imelda. She made sure that Greggy will be far from her. As time goes by and it's time for eulogy. Imee and Cassy will be the ones who will give the eulogies. Imee was the first one to give hers.

"Hello everyone. I am Imee, manang of Irene. First of all I would like to thank you all for coming in my sister and nephew's funeral. Tomorrow will be their burial and this is all of a sudden." Imee paused.

"Irene, you have been a great wife, daughter, sister, and a mother to us. Mahal ka namin ading. Thank you for everything. Diba sabi mo sabay nating haharapin lahat ng obstacle na ibibigay saatin ng buhay o bakit naman iniwan mo ako? Napakadaya mo naman inunahan mo ako eh. Diba sabi mo ako muna tapos si Bonget tapos ikaw? Bakit mo naman kami agad iniwan?" Imee said. She was cut off when Bong shouted.

"Gusto mo ba sumunod na Manang?" Bong asked that made them laugh.

"Ayoko pa." Imee sobbed that made them laugh more.

"Right now I am still in shock and speechless. They have known you as a strong, poised, and kind woman. But to us your family you are a masterpiece Victoria. I saw how you became a wife a mom and a sister. Thank you for everything ading. Napaka swerte ng mga anak mo sayo. Wala akong masabi talaga. Hindi parin ako makapaniwala. But please know that I love you so much. Be happy in your new paradise." Imee said and sat down.

It's now Cassy's turn. Ilang gabi na siya umiiyak to a point na akala niya eh wala na siyang luhang ilalabas ngayon. She stood up and grabbed the microphone.

"H-hello everyone. I-I am C-cassy, t-the first daughter o-of my Mom. T-thank you for coming tonight to show your love to Mommy and my brother." She paused and prevented her self from crying as she can feel Greggy's heavy gaze on her.

"T-the past few months I g-gained Mommy's attention again as she wants me to be with her 24/7. My Mom is the strongest person I know. She is my bestfriend... She is the person whom I am comfortable talking with any kinds of topic in my life. We may have been away for a year but that doesn't mean our relationship weaken. Because of that it became stronger. For a few months of being with her again, I became stronger. My greatest fear in life just happened. Because my fear is to lose my Mom." Cassy said. This time she cannot take it anymore. She let her tears fall down.

"M-mommy said to me don't leave her. P-pero siya yung nang iwan saakin eh." she choked.

"She left me without letting me tell her something. I was about to tell her that I was running for class valedictorian this year and she was about to accompany me this graduation but wala eh. The person whom I made as an inspiration while studying already left me. My awards, my achievements in life was always for her. It was always for Mommy not for me nor my school that I represent." She bowed.

"It was all for her. But n-ngayon? A-ano pang rason ko para mabuhay? E-eh mismong t-tahanan ko na yung nangiwan saakin. Y-yung bumuhay saakin wala na. She was my strength and now I feel so weak. Hug me in my dreams mommy. Please. I need you right now. I'm all alone again. I just need my Mommy back." She cried. Greggy fixed his gaze to the casket of his wife.

"S-she taught me how t-to be strong. H-how can I be strong if you are gone? W-what is l-life without Mom? I-it's been what? f-four days that she is g-gone and I am so miserable already. P-paano n-na ako diba? W-wala na a-akong kakampi. Y-you b-broke your promise again."