Chapter 14

It's been a week since the incident. Irene never left her daughter's room. She sleeps there all day. She doesn't eat nor sleep anymore. Greggy, is already convincing her wife to come out and eat. Irene, being a hard headed woman never got out.

Cassy on the other hand is still adjusting with the set up. She have a room in her Tita Imee's room but she still finds the ambiance and the comfort of her room. Currently she is doing her homeworks when she remembered her Mom.

"How is she? Is she eating? Is she ok? Is she still crying?" she thought. Hindi niya namalayang umiiyak na siya at nakapasok na ang Tita Imee niya sa kwarto niya. Napatingala nalamang siya ng may naramdaman siyang yumakap sa kanya.

"I know it's hard baby. I know. I'm sorry." Imee said while rubbing the back of her niece.

"Tita what if pag balik ko hindi na niya ako tanggapin? What if hindi na niya ako bilang anak niya? Natatakot ako tita. Natatakot akong masaktan ulit. Natatakot akong wasakin niya. Natatakot ako na mas lalong lumayo loob ko. Ayoko bumalik sa kanya pero tita alam kong nasasaktan siya at ako yung dahilan nun. Mababaliw na ako kakasisi sa sarili ko."

Imee was too stunned to speak because she didn't know that her niece is already suffering. She didn't expect that even if she is hurting she still worries about Irene.

"Your dad is updating me baby. Nakakulong lang daw ang Mommy mo sa room mo. Hindi na rin nakikinig da Daddy mo. Mama Meldy, is there. And sh-" Hindi na natuloy ni Imee ang sasabihin ng may nagmessage sa kanya.

"Your dad messaged me. Napakain na rin daw nila ang Mommy mo. See? Kaya tahan na. You did this for the both of you. Not your fault babe." Imee assuring her niece.

"Tita ang sama kong anak!" Cassy shouted in frustration. Imee knew this would happen. Cassy, being tired with Irene. Paano niya ibabalik ang pamangkin niya?

"Shhh. Tahan na tahan na. Halika, let's take a nap. Tatabihan ka ni Tita. Halika na nak." Imee said while making her niece stand and went to bed. Pinatulog lamang niya ito at nakatulog din siya.

Meanwhile in Forbes.....
Imelda is with her daughter watching her eat. Nakaka dalawang subo palamang ito ng umayaw na siya.

"No Irene. You will finish your meal. Hindi na mapakali ang anak mo dahil kakaisip sayo." Napatingin si Irene sa kanyang Ina.

"Oo Irene. Hanggang ngayon iniisip ka ng anak mo. Kaya kumain ka na diyan at magayos ka. Show your daughter that you are strong. Ok?" Irene just nodded and continued eating.

...................

1 month after the incident it's already Imee's birthday basically Irene is invited. They all are complete in San Juan and already eating dinner. Cassy was silent, avoiding her Mom and only answering when asked.

After dinner, nagka ayaan silang magkantahan. It was a roulette. Liza was the 1st one to sing, Then Mike to Borgy to Sandro to Vinny to Bong then to Irene. Irene picked At The Beginning.

"We were strangers, starting out on a journey
Never dreaming, what we'd have to go through
Now here we are, I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you" Irene started.

This was Cassy's favorite song from her favorite movie. She watches this everytime with her Mom. It was their past time. BEFORE

"No one told me, I was going to find you
Unexpected, what you did to my heart
When I lost hope, you were there to remind me
This is the start" Irene sang beautifully. Cassy was just staring at the screen with no emotions written on her face.