10☆Stories and Scams

A/N: I also didn't know what to call this-

"Guys!" Sage walked up to the Star Darlings, "I have great news!"

"What is it?" Libby grinned along with the others. They were outside in the Star Quad.

Sage took a deep breath before bursting, "They've finally found my dad! He's on the Isle of Misera and TODAY they're going to rescue him!"

"Super celestial!" Leona went, then turned a bit quiet, "Do they know if he's alive?"

Sage sighed and shook her head.

"Aww, well I hope he is!" Cassie cheered her up.

The SDs noticed a familiar freckled girl with watermelon pink hair.

"Ophelia! We haven't seen you in such a long time!" Leona greeted, "Why don't you come over here?"

Ophelia shyly came over, a tad nervous. "How's everything been going for you guys? Have you seen the building collapse on campus? It's even back now in flawless condition somehow-"

"Oh yeah yeah that," Adora added, "We got a first person view of what happened."

Ophelia gasped, "You mean you were the students that got evacuated in the building?"

"Yep," Sage answered, "Lady Stella was doing some activities with us, then Rancora attacked."

"We didn't know how to fight at the time so we're slaughtered basically." Scarlet continued.

Vega chimed in, "The negative energy had really messed up the building, and it wasn't long before the ceiling looked like it was about to shatter and fall down."

"So we forgot about Rancora and ran," Astra added, "Some of us fell down in battle so we woke them up and grabbed Lady Stella."

"Rancora may or may not have noticed the whole building was gonna collapse in a matter of seconds," Piper went on, "If she noticed and tried to escape she should've done it earlier."

"What do you mean?" Ophelia asked, hooked on the story.

"She's dead now." Gemma outright stated.

There was no sound in the group for a moment, but then Ophelia finally spoke.

"Oh my stars, that was a lot!" Ophelia went, "I'm glad you didn't die with her."

"So am I!" Leona yelled, "Could you IMAGINE what would've happened if I DIED? I'm not even famous yet, no one would remember me!"

Scarlet rolled her eyes.

Leona continued, "And if the rest of us kicked the bucket, that would've been EVEN WORSE. All those families without their kids because some demonic woman HAD to have us dead. I may have known you all 'cause of some confidential mission, but I don't want any of you dead, ok? You all are too amazing for that."

Scarlet and the others gasped and grinned at her sincerity.

"I didn't wanna hear you continue, but star salutations." Scarlet replied, failing to hide a smile.

"You're very welcome." Leona smiled back.

☆☆☆

The group of teenage dark starlings and one elder had arrived at a shop in the glamorous New Prism. They were observing the shop from behind a bunch of bushes.

"What are we stealing- I mean, borrowing?" Aerabelle asked, admiring all the beautiful, shiny jewelry and fashion in the shop concealed by a window.

"I was just gonna borrow one item, but nah." Vivica started, "Grab as much as you can!"

Rigel, the elder, added to the conversation, "I'm not participating in this, see you later." He started to leave.

"Hey! Where are you going and why?" Breanna questioned.

"I'm going to get freedom from years of banishment on that dumping ground, that's what." He quickly ran off to an alleyway not too far off.

"Eh, we'll be fine without him." Vivica scoffed.

"There's people in the shop," Ralia noticed, and pointed to several people buying and browsing items inside. "I don't think we're getting away with this."

"Also just to be clear we're getting stuff to bribe the SDs with not for ourselves right?" Violetta asked.

"Did I say that?" Vivica asked back, and the rest nodded. "Well forget I said that."

"Again, there's people inside I think we're gonna get caught pretty easily." Ralia remarked.

"Looks like we'll need a distraction," Vivica started, then her eyes turned to Violetta.

"Oh come on-" Violetta complained.

The plan proceeded. Vivica made Violetta wear a bunch of mismatching clothing from a stash she brought from the Isle of Misera, so she'd stand out a lot. They then hastily made a sign and scribbled on it a message sure to catch people's attention. And then, the distraction was done.

"HOLO-TVs FOR THE AFFORDABLE PRICE OF ONLY $1 EACH! ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME! PREORDER NOW!" Violetta forced herself to scream outside the shop as she spun around a sign.

"Holo-TVs for only $1 each? TAKE MY MONEY!" A customer in the shop uttered as several and several other customers followed. Soon, a whole crowd surrounded Violetta. Even the store clerks and people who were supposed to be running the shop joined the mob.

The rest of them entered the shop with bags and boxes and quickly snatched everything they could from the shelves and racks. Once they got enough items, they headed out.

Violetta was only meant to be a distraction, but much of the mob had 'preordered' their (nonexistent) Holo-TVs and there was a box full of money from them.

"Wow I'm impressed," Vivica looked at the box of virtual cash, "Good job and I'm not being sarcastic this time!"

Violetta's eyes lit up, "REALLY-"

"Anyway we need to leave! Grab the box!" Vivica instructed as the rest of them grabbed all their things.

"Hey," A member of the crowd uttered, "Will we ever get our Holo-TVs?"

"Yeah, when will they ship?" Another one asked.

"Umm I have no idea." Ralia replied as they all ran off from the crowd, which quickly became hostile and irritated.

A crowd member was raging, "THIS WAS A SCAM! GET THEM!" the whole crowd charged toward them.

"What did you all expect? They look like high school delinquents!" Another one added.

"How DARE you call me a DELINQUENT-" Vivica screamed, offended.

They all ran as fast as possible away from the crowd before they could call the cops for con artistry.