𝟏𝟔 ☆ 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐄

Ophelia watched as Rancora corrupted the Celestial Mirror Pad with negative energy.

The more negativity it was filled up with, the blacker it became. The gold on it switched to sliver while the white became jet black. The pink stars dulled and the glass mirror on it shattered.

"Now, what should we rename this?" Rancora examined the device.

Ophelia thought for a moment, "Well the mirror is shattered now, and there's this superstition that a broken mirror gives you 7 years bad luck, so perhaps the Misfortune Mirror Pad?"

"Why did you put actual thought into coming up with a name?" Rancora asked, genuinely curious.

Ophelia lifted her shoulders.

"That name is really good though, so that's this device's new name now," Rancora grinned as she looked upon it,

"Why do you need a mirror?" Ophelia asked.

"This item can harness the power of Cosmic Crystals."

"What are those?"

"The purest forms of cosmic power, gifted by the constellations and the cosmos themselves."

"That sounds so astronomical! Do you have any?"

Rancora shook her head, "No. I strongly doubt the cosmos would give one to me willingly, with all the things I've done."

"I see." Ophelia went on, "What are you gonna do then?"

"Steal one."

"Please don't make me steal it."

"I'm not." Rancora chuckled, "I've finished with you."

Ophelia tilted her head, not understanding. She was relieved but also puzzled at the same time.

Suddenly she was knocked to the ground with negative energy, helpless and defenseless.

"P-please don't hurt me or kill me- I didn't do anything wrong." Ophelia whimpered, guarding her face with her arms. An expression of fear was frozen on her face.

"I won't." Rancora started, "It's worse to be alive and suffer than to be dead."

A mouse-like shriek came from Ophelia's mouth.

"Anyway, you may leave. Just don't tell anyone that I'm alive."

The girl quickly ran off in a panic.

A/N: this is only like 300 words lol sorry