Chapter Six

A/N Okay, spoiler alert! Mike and Leyda are gonna sneak out . . . that's all I'm gonna say. Enjoy ;D . . . LOL it is passed 10:30pm, but I just had to get this chapter posted. I really hope you like it. ~ Haddie (banner is their outfits, and I think 'You Sound Good To Me by Lucy Hale fits this chapter perfectly)

Chapter Six

As dinnertime came around, I grew worried that my dad would see through me and know that I had gone swimming with Leyda. You could never fool Dad. When Matt did something out of the ordinary, Dad knew what it was without anyone telling him. I was not too worried though, I planned to talk to my dad as soon as possible. Coming clean to my dad seemed to be the best option.

It had been a long day, and I was enjoying a few minutes in my room with the air on.

"Mike," Dad said, entering the room.

"Hey Dad," I said, sitting up. "What' up?"

"I actually had a feeling that you wanted to talk to me," he replied with a smile. "I think I know what it is, but go ahead."

I fell back on my bed, covering my face as I chuckled.

"I went swimming today," I began, sitting back up again. "I went with Leyda, because she asked if I wanted to go swimming. I have been feeling something for her lately. I do not know if it is because I know about the heart transplants, or if it is just because I genuinely care about her, the way Jesus would. I mean, I just got out of my relationship with June. Why do I suddenly feel something for Leyda?"

Dad chuckled, "Michael," he said, sitting on the bed next to me. "Do you remember what I had told you about June?"

"You said it would end before I turned twenty-five," I replied slowly.

"And do you remember your mother's dream about the wedding? She said it was your wedding, but it was in the distant future, after June is already gone. Your mom never mentioned who the bride was, because she did not know who she was. She never saw her face."

"But what does that have to do with what I am starting to feel for Leyda?"

"That is for you to ask God and seek answers from Him."

Dad stood, ruffling my hair before he left. I was a little confused, but I resolved to take my dad's advice, and seek answers from God.

~      *      ~

I could not fall asleep that night. I kept wondering about Leyda, and I wondered if she was thinking of me. My phone suddenly buzzed, shining light into my dark room. The alert was a new text message, from Leyda.

Are you awake?

I smiled and sent a reply.

Yeah . . . I was just thinking about you. Weird, huh?

Wanna know something even weirder? I was just thinking about you. That is why I texted.

I threw my head back, harder than necessary, smacking the headboard. I rubbed the spot, just in shock that Leyda was thinking about me, too.

Call me? She texted.

I hesitated; should I call her? I did not feel like it would be bad to call her, but it was late in the night. I resolved to just dial her number and get the call going.

"Hey," Leyda said, speaking in a hushed voice. "Wanna do something fun?"

"LG," I whispered, jumping up and heading out my window to the roof. "It's after midnight. What could you possibly want to do in the middle of the night?"