Bonus Chapter (Twenty-Three)

Author's Note: Hello lovelies! Well, here is the final bonus chapter. I hope you like it as I have added some interesting plot points thus far. Please comment what you think, vote it liked it. Enjoy! ~ Haddie

Monday morning, I was supposed to be getting ready for work. However, I could not bring myself to get up. I had a headache, chest pangs, and the stomach flu. I had not been this poorly in a long time. This was nothing like my usual heart pangs, but I still felt like a truck had hit me. Beside me, Leyda was still sleeping, but then I felt her hand on my forehead.

"Michael, you feel very warm," she said, sitting up.

"Yeah, I'm not in working shape today," I replied, shaking my head as I rolled over on my side. "I don't want you to catch it, I will move to the couch."

She frowned and stood from the bed. I watched her pick up my phone, scroll down the screen and put it to her ear. Leyda spoke softly, too soft for me to hear, but I did not care. There was a throbbing behind my forehead; I had to shut my eyes.

"Dad is giving you the day off," I heard Leyda say a few moments later. "My mom will be here in a little while. She is going to help me take care of you so I don't catch your flu."

I nodded slowly, bad idea. I held my head in my hands, applying pressure with my fingers. Leyda rubbed my shoulder gently. A huge lump began to build in my throat. I jumped from the bed and raced for the bathroom. The acid taste on my tongue made me feel even sicker. When I was finished, I sat on the bathroom floor, unable to move. My head was spinning and I saw nothing but black.

I heard Leyda talking with her mother, shortly afterwards. The distress in Leyda's voice was agonizing. I hated to make her worry. She did not need this, not during her pregnancy.

"Michael," said Mrs. Kelly, touching my shoulder. "I am going to help you stand, okay?"

I could not speak, could not even lift my head to acknowledge her. I merely muttered under my breath, she lifted my arms and pulled me to my feet. She slung my arm over her shoulders as she dragged me back to the bed. Sweat dripped down my forehead; something cold and damp touched my face. It felt good.

"Take away this fever, in Jesus' name," she whispered. "In Jesus' name, I rebuke this attack. I bind it and cast it back to where it came from."

I my breath came in harsh puffs; I was panting. With my eyes closed, I agreed with Mrs. Kelly, activating my faith against the flu. I knew this, I had done it so many times growing up. It did not have power over me. It never did. Hours passed, but I could not sleep. Every part of my body was aching. The only relief I had was when the cold cloth touched my forehead. Even though I could not sleep, I could not open my eyes either. All I could do was pray.

~ * ~

For three days, I had been in bed. After the second day, my fever had gone down. The vomiting had stopped shortly afterwards, but I still ached all over. At least I could eat again, not puke it back up.

"You're definitely looking better," Mrs. Kelly said, smiling softly as she dabbed my forehead. "God has touched your health, Michael. Don't stop believing it."

"How is Leyda?" I asked, my voice was raspy from dehydration.

"She is fine," she replied, speaking softly. "You just worry about trying to get more rest. You've had a rough few days."

I nodded, bad idea. I squeezed my eyes shut and rubbed my forehead.

"I don't like making her worry," I said, sighing. "She shouldn't have to, not right now."