Chapter Ten

Author's Note: This chapter is a little different . . . Comment and tell me why ;D ♥ . . . P.S. I know I have been putting a lot of Dia's songs in this story (a little bit, a lot) but hey, her songs just fit. :) ~Harper ♥

Dedication to @Armor_of_God Go give them a follow and check out their works!

Chapter 10

I was walking through a field of sunflowers; I could identify at least six different kinds of sunflowers. It was beautiful; I had never seen anything like it before. In the midst of the meadow, there was a group of people, dancing and singing, gathered for a celebration. Curious to know what kind of celebration it was, I ran to go see. My parents were there, laughing and smiling. Matt was there too; my brother was spraying a bottle of champagne into the air. When he saw me, he sprayed it in my direction.

"You're off the market, bro!" he yelled, grabbing my shoulders. "I don't know about you, but I am friggin' excited, and it's not even my wedding!"

I wanted to ask him what he meant, but he left before I could. I turned to my mom to ask her, but she all she could do was hug me, tears of joy in her eyes.

"I'm so proud of you, son," Dad said, giving me a brief hug. "She's a lucky girl. Leyda is a keeper."

"Leyda," I said, turning around to look for her.

Leyda was on the dance floor with her father. She was wearing a light blue wedding dress, smiling and laughing as her father turned her around. I had a funny feeling inside, but I could not understand what it was . . . Nerves, happiness, anticipation? I was suddenly walking towards Leyda, hoping to steal a dance with her. It was strange, I would never have done that, but something inside of me said to go.

"May I cut in?" I asked as Mr. Kelly noticed my presence.

"Of course," he replied, smiling from ear to ear.

Leyda beamed as I took her hand, holding it as if I were afraid it would drop. The song changed to a slower song, I was not familiar with it, but Leyda began to hum along.

"We made it," she said as I pulled her close to me. "It was a little bumpy, but we made it."

"Yeah," I said, smiling shyly. "But in the end . . ."

"All things come together for good, for those who love the Lord."

I flushed; my smile turning into a grin. Even though she was wearing heels, Leyda still had to stand on her toes to kiss me. I chuckled and leaned over to meet her halfway.

~ * ~

"Mike," Matt said, knocking on the bathroom door. "What could you possibly be doing? You've been in there for an hour now!"

"I'm writing something down," I replied, standing from my place on the floor. "I want to write it down before I forget."

I opened the door and walked passed my brother, tapping my pen to my chin. I had taken all the notepads in the room, from the motel, to write down my dream. I felt that I needed to write it down, for a keepsake. My dad had often told me to write down my dreams as a young boy.

"What are you writing?" Matt asked, taking the notepad from me.

"Dude," I said, taking it back from him. "That was rude, on so many levels. I'm writing a dream down."

"Mom's dream? Bro, you know Mom will have that written in a notebook at home."

"This is a different dream, Matt."