Chapter Twelve

Author's Note: Am I the only one who thinks . . . I won't spoil it! Enjoy this chapter! ~Harper♥

Chapter 12

We spent the entire day out, walking around town, seeing the sights. It was a great experience. That evening when we arrived at the motel, the manager was waiting at our doors.

"I am so sorry," he said, his expression worried. "But there was a mix up in the reservations, and room 500 was meant for someone else. If it is not too much trouble, would you allow me to change your room?"

Leyda looked at me, then at her brother.

"I will give you a better deal," she said, taking the room key from Dylan. "Because we are here as a group, I think we can share room 501, and you can give room 500 to your other guest."

I was bit shocked; sharing a room with her and Dylan sounded like fun, but it was not something I did. However, I kept this thought to myself, because Dylan and Leyda were already getting their things from the other room.

"Not your usual sleepover, is it?" Matt asked chuckling as he took the key from me and went to the room.

I followed him and we began to rearrange the room. Only slightly, just so that we could fit some stuff on the floor.

"I have not done a sleepover since junior year," Leyda said, entering with her bags. "And don't worry, Dylan and I used to share a bedroom until our grandmother was moved to a home. That was nearly two years ago."

"Yes," Dylan said, entering the room. "We shared a room until we were no longer teens. The problem is that I have always been a year and a half older, but we are treated like we are the same age."

"That makes four of us," Matt said, laughing as he threw some bedding to the floor. "So, how do we work this out? Leyda is the girl in the situation, so she should get one of the beds."

"Yes," I agreed, nodding slowly.

Leyda smiled; I was clearly making my 'deep in thought' face, but she did not say anything about it. She just brought her things to the side of the room where I stood, and when her hands were free, Leyda placed her arms around me.

"This is will be fun," she said as I sat us on one of the beds. "Anyone want to watch a movie? I have my laptop with me."

"My sister is a major comic book junkie," Dylan said, sitting on the floor. "She is always getting the new Marvel and DC Comics movies."

"I will admit that I like comic books too," I said slowly, looking at Leyda. "And I mean, specifically, Captain America."

"Me too!" she grinned and jumped up.

Leyda went to her bags and brought out her laptop.

When Leyda and I had agreed on a movie, we looked at our brothers. Matt was asleep on the floor, and Dylan was in the other bed totally knocked out.

"It's just us," Leyda whispered, hesitating to put the movie on. "Michael, I've observed you well enough to know that you are not very comfortable in situations like this. So . . . If you want to skip the movie for tonight and just go to bed, I won't mind."

I looked at her; I could tell that she really wanted to watch the movie with me, but she was willing to skip it.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "We're watching the movie. It's not like either of us will take advantage of it, and I would never do anything to cause you harm. And I know that you would not do anything in return, so I don't think it matters right now. Besides, we are not exactly alone, are we?"