Bonus Chapter (Twenty-Two)

Author's Note: Hey guys, I hope you like this chapter. Please remember that all comments on grammar and advice to make this book better are highly appreciated. Enjoy! ~ Haddie ♥

Chapter Twenty-Two

It was late at night; Leyda and I were sitting up in bed. Leyda could not sleep, because every time she would get comfortable, the baby would start to move and kick around. It was funny to watch her bump move; the baby's feet were clearly visible when he kicked.

"I think he gets excited because you're next to me," Leyda said, giggling.

"Is that so?" I asked, wriggling my eyebrows as I leaned in to kiss her neck.

I placed my hand on her stomach, where the baby had been kicking. I pulled back when I felt his foot, chuckling. Leyda blushed, placing her hand over mine on her belly.

"I bet little Timothy is going to be just like you," she whispered, holding my cheek in her hand. "He'll be a gentleman, a sweet-talker, and extraordinarily handsome like his dad."

"I think he will have your eyes," I whispered back, pressing my lips to her palm. "And you smile, and be every bit as much as you, as he will be me."

I leaned in to kiss her again. When I looked at the clock on the bedside table, it said 2:15am.

"You should be asleep," I went on, putting my head on the pillow next to Leyda. "I can't have my beautiful queen tired in the morning. I won't get to see her before I leave, if she's still asleep."

"That's a sweet thought," she said with a sigh. "I will try to fall asleep, but our son won't settle down, unless you settle down too."

I chuckled, "What if I sing to you both?" I asked, rubbing my hand over her stomach. "What song should I sing?"

"Surprise me," Leyda replied, pecking my cheek before nestling into me.

I chuckled; what song could I sing, that would help her drift to sleep? Obviously, not an upbeat Newsboys song, which had become a favorite for us. I thought over to my high school years, and remembered a song I had enjoyed.

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me and steal my breath.

And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky

Never revealing their depth.

Tell me that we belong together,

Dress it up with the trappings of love.

I'll be captivated,

I'll hang from your lips,

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above.

I'll be your crying shoulder,

I'll be love's suicide

I'll be better when I'm older,

I'll be the greatest fan of your life.

When I saw that Leyda's eyes closed, I started to hum the rest of the song until I was sure that she had fallen asleep.

~ * ~

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Lilia! Happy Birthday to you!

"Make a birthday prayer, princess!" I said, focusing my camera on her as she squeezed her eyes shut.

A few seconds later, Lilia opened her eyes and blew out all the candles. Everyone cheered and Leyda handed me a spatula to divide the cake. James sat next to Lilia, licking his lips as he watched me cut the first slice. Most of our families were here; Matt came with Iris and James. My parents had come the night before to give use their gift for Lilia, because they were going out of town for a few days. The Kellys were here, with Dylan and his fiancée, Candy. Aside of James, several of Lilia's friends from Bible school were here. It was quite a party.