Chapter Fifteen

Author's Note: I hope you guys like this chapter, lots of fun gonna happen here . . .well, not really LOL :D ~ Harper ♥

Chapter 15

I was out in the barn, observing the milking process, as Dylan hooked the suction tubes to the cows' utter. It was very noisy; with all the machines running, and the cattle were bellowing, but luckily I was wearing earplugs. However, because I could not hear anything, I was taken by surprise when Leyda jumped on my back.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, catching myself so that I did not fall. "Slow down, tiger, ha-ha!"

I took out my earplugs to hear what Leyda was saying.

"A certain jackass soccer player is here," she whispered, her voice shook slightly. "I have managed to remain invisible, but I don't know how long my powers will last. We did not exactly end things properly, the way normal couples would. Then again, we were not the normal couple."

"You don't need to worry about anything," I replied, kissing craning my neck to kiss her cheek. "Your dad will not let him throw a tantrum. And I will not let him try to make you look bad."

"Thank you."

Leyda got off my back and pulled me towards the back of the barn. Matt had come to take over for me, giving me the excuse to sneak out the back with Leyda. We went around to the side of the house, hidden from where Brandon was speaking to Leyda's father. Brandon appeared to be frustrated, and not in a good way.

"Can I just see her?" Brandon asked, crossing his arms. "I would like to speak with Gabbi."

"I am afraid I cannot allow that," Mr. Kelly replied, shaking his head. "My daughter, Leyda, is none of your concern. As far as I know, you hurt her and that makes you unwelcome here. Needless to say, I do not think it would be appropriate, considering I know for a fact Leyda no longer sees you as someone to be around."

"Leyda would never say anything like that. She's too vulnerable and easy."

"I feel the need to correct you again, son. I will not allow you to come near my daughter ever again. It would be inappropriate, considering Leyda's boyfriend is with her at the moment."

Brandon's face turned scarlet-red, and he dropped his arms, clenching his fists.

"What boyfriend?" he asked through clenched teeth. "We didn't even break up."

"It is not your concern who my daughter hangs out with," Mr. Kelly said, keeping his cool. "As far as I am concerned, you left things in a sticky place this summer. Special broadcast, Brandon, you were never good enough for Leyda, nor will you ever prove yourself worthy to stand under my roof. Therefore, I must ask you to leave my property. If I were you, I would leave now. I don't want my daughter's boyfriend getting jealous to see you hear. He does not give me the impression to be violent, but you can't be too sure."

Leyda clapped her hand over her mouth to muffle her laugh. Not me, I outright laughed because Brandon's expression was priceless.

"Who was that?" Brandon asked.

"I will give you only one guess," I replied putting my finger to my lips so that Leyda would not say anything. "If your guess is wrong, I ask that you leave. If your guess is correct, you still have to leave."

I waited for Brandon to take a guess.

"I recognize your voice," he went on slowly. "But I am not sure, because I know two people who have a similar voice to yours."