Bonus Chapter (Twenty)

Author's Note: This next chapter holds a special place in my heart. I based one of the scenes that takes place after some memories I have binging junk food with my dad. Michael and Lilia's relationship is bouncing off of my childhood, back when it was just me. =^-^= Enjoy! ~ Haddie

Chapter Twenty

It was a beautiful day to be at the park. There were little people there, which made it more calming and peaceful. I sat on the blanket, Leyda resting on my knee, while Lilia ran after butterflies. I sighed, silently thanking God for everything He had given me. I sighed and looked down at Leyda, smiling her calm expression. I leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Daddy," Lilia whispered as she joined us on the blanket. "What are we going to call the baby when it comes?"

"That's good question," I replied, hugging her to my side. "Well, I think God will tell us what name to give the baby. "How about you and I pray to Jesus to help us pick a name?"

"Can we, right now?"

"Sure, but we have to be quiet, and let Mommy sleep."

She nodded, closing her eyes as she bowed her head.

"Heavenly Father," I prayed softly. "We would like to thank You for this beautiful day. Thank You for giving us this chance to enjoy a day at the park. We ask for forgiveness, if we have done anything that would offend You. Lord, Lilia and I would like to thank You for the blessing of a new baby in the family. We ask that You would reveal to us if it is a boy or a girl, and that You would provide us with the perfect name. In Jesus' name we ask this, amen."

Lilia sighed, making me look at her. She was smiling softly as she began to play with Leyda's hair. Lilia's own hair was starting to come out of the two pigtails.

"Little princess," I whispered, "Would you like me to fix your hair. Your cute pigtails are coming out."

"Okay," Lilia replied, nodding as she faced away from me. "Don't make them too loose, but not too tight either."

"Okay."

I removed the hair-bands and began to separate her brown hair into two handfuls. After fixing her pigtails, Lilia stood and went to chase butterflies again. I smiled and turned my attention back to Leyda, who was beginning to stir. I leaned down and nuzzled her cheek softly. She began to giggle, opening her eyes.

"Too cute," I said with a chuckle. "How was your nap?"

"Very pleasant," Leyda replied, smiling as I leaned down to kiss her. "Where's Lilia?"

"Chasing butterflies, with an occasional break to talk to her favorite dad."

"What did you talk about?"

Leyda sat up and stretched her arms, turning to look at me.

"Lilia wanted to know what we would name the baby," I explained with a soft smile. "She wanted to know how we would know what to name the baby. We prayed for God to reveal to us what to do."

"I imagine it would be a boy," Leyda said, smiling as she came closer. "I have a strong feeling it will be a boy."

"So, by faith, you are saying it will be a boy."

"Yes, exactly; I mean, another girl will be great, just the same. I just feel that you should have a little buddy to teach the ways of a gentleman."

I chuckled, "Yeah, a little, old-fashioned gentleman," I said, visualizing a mini-me running around.

Leyda smiled and looked towards Lilia, across the park. She was still chasing butterflies, but now she was getting a bit too far. Leyda gave me a knowing look. Lilia was running near the edge of the lake.