Epilogue

Author's Note: Well, here it is, the grand finale. I am so sad to be finishing it, but I am super happy that I had the opportunity to share it with you. And I know it is short. ~ Harper ♥ (Revised)

Epilogue

"Dad," Lilia said as we sat in the hospital waiting room. "Is Mommy going to be okay?"

"She is going to be just fine," I replied, smiling softly as I pulled her into my side. "You just keep praying for Jesus to help her, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded, sighing.

I turned my head away, looking down the hall. Lilia and I had been waiting for nearly three hours for a doctor to come get us. I had not been home when Leyda had brought herself in, and Lilia was with my parents. The thought of Leyda having to go through this alone had my mind worried. I knew God would help her, but I still worried.

"Mr. Reynalds," a nurse said, coming towards me. "I apologize for the wait. You may see your wife now."

"Is she alright?" I asked as I stood, taking Lilia's hand.

"Oh! Yes, she's fine!" was the reply.

Lilia and I exchanged a puzzled look.

"Are you okay?" Lilia asked the nurse, innocently.

"I'm on my ninth up of coffee," she replied, laughing. "So, no, I am not okay."

Lilia grinned; I chuckled, shaking my head as we followed the nurse to Leyda's room.

"Look who came early," Leyda said, smiling as we entered.

"Timmy!" Lilia gasped, going to the side of the bed to see her new brother.

"How early is he?" I asked with caution.

I remembered Leyda was around eight months pregnant, but I could have been wrong.

"He's only a month early," Leyda replied, smiling softly. "He's healthy as a horse; don't get your socks in a knot."

I laughed, joining Lilia next to the bed. My son had every feature of his son, with the exception of my ears and jawbone.

"He looks like Daddy," she marveled, reaching a finger to touch Timothy's hand. "What does Timothy mean, again?"

"It means 'honoring God'," I replied, kneeling next to her. "Remember when we learned he would be a boy?"

"It was one of the best days in history," Leyda said, smiling at our son.

I smiled as I stood to kiss her gently.

"What a crazy year," Leyda went on, laughing softly. "But God has been good to us, through it all."

"Yes, He was," I sighed, resting my chin on Lilia's shoulder as we both watched the new baby.

I was blessed; I was thankful to God for everything He had done in my life. He gave me several irreplaceable gifts, and I was not about to disregard Him.

"Let's thank God for this blessing," I said, helping Lilia up on the bed.

"Yes," Leyda nodded and we all bowed our heads.

"Heavenly Father," I prayed, holding Lilia and Leyda's hand. "We just want to thank you for this day. Thank for giving Timothy a healthy birth, and for helping Leyda when I could not be near her. Thank you for always being our Guide, and for keeping us on the straight path. In Your Son's name we pray this, amen."

"Daddy," Lilia said with a gasp. "Does that mean today is Timmy's birthday?"

"Yes," I replied, chuckling. "Why do you ask?"

"Because I think we should have a party for him. Is Uncle Matt well enough to come help?"

I smiled; Matt had been in slow recovery from the accident on the farm. He still needed to rest, but he was much better and I thank God for healing him. I did not know what I would do if my brother had died that night.

"I think we can go visit him today," I said, helping Lilia from the bed. "We'll let you rest and come back later."

I kissed Lilia and then Timothy's forehead. Lilia grabbed my hand as I led the way out of the room. As we entered the elevator, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said, holding my phone between my chin and shoulder while I pressed the button.

"What's up brother?" Matt asked, chuckling on the other end.

"Aside of just meeting my son, do you mean?" I shot, laughing. "It's good to hear your voice, man."

"Leyda had the baby? How are they?"

"They are great; as healthy as you at parties."

Hearing my brother laugh made me smile. It had been a hard few weeks, with his injury. However, God had been faithful, as He always was, to us. Matt was on fast recovery, and he would soon return to work.

"Lilia and I were thinking about coming to visit today," I went on, taking Lilia's hand as we exited the hospital. "Are you up for it?"

"I would like that very much," Matt replied, chuckling. "I remember Leyda mentioning that Lilia was crushing on me. Is that true? Because if it is, I'm afraid I might break her heart because mine belongs to someone else."

"Nah, she's a little girl, no harm in it. She admires you, that's all. We are on our way over. Should we bring anything?"

"Junk food! Iris won't let me eat anything fun."

"It is just until you are better," I heard Iris say, laughing. "But there is no harm in your brother bringing something over. Hi Mike!"

"Hey Iris!" I replied, chuckling. "Alright, junk food it is. I will let Lilia have the honors of choosing what we bring. See you in a little while, bro."

"Alright," Matt said, "See you later. Love you, bro."

"Love you too."

I looked down at Lilia as I hung up with Matt. She was staring at me, grinning and wide-eyed.

"What?" I asked, getting down on one knee as I pulled her into a hug. "What is my little princess smiling about?"

"I get to pick out what we bring to Uncle Matt's!" she squealed with delight as I tickled her.

"Oh really? What should we bring him?"

I picked her up and held her against my side, kissing her cheek.

"Our special snack," Lilia whispered, giggling. "Chocolate ice cream, with lots of fun toppings."

"A girl after my heart," I whispered back, kissing her cheek. "Let's hit the stores, princess."

I let her down and took her hand as we crossed to the parking lot. I was in wonder. God was gracious to my family and me in the past year. So much had happened, and He was there the entire time, guiding our every step of the way. I wondered about the other people in the world, and if they knew what it was like to have Christ in their lives. I knew I should not worry, because God would take care of His children. He took care of me in my dark hours, and he healed my scarred heart. What more could I ask for?