Chapter Eighteen

Author's Note: private joke for you guys. ;D this is chapter '18'. Click the right-arrow to see a spoiler picture. - I think this might be the last chapter, but I am not certain yet. Enjoy ~Harper ♥ P.S. chapter might be a bit short, just was trying to get it up.

Chapter 18

With my back turned to the rest of the church, I wiped my clammy, nervous, hands on the napkin my dad handed me. This was the day, the day of all days. To be completely honest, with all the months of preparations, I still was not prepared for this. I shot a glance at Matt and Dylan, who were stand behind my father, as groomsmen.

"Are you ready, son?" the minister asked as he stood in his place.

I nodded, unable to speak from overwhelming joy. The piano began to play the 'Wedding March' and I could hear the congregation standing in the pews. I waited until the minister allowed me to turn around. Walking down the aisle as the flower girl was Lilia, dressed in a soft purple dress as she tossed rose petals to the floor. Behind her was Mr. Kelly, walking Leyda down the aisle. Leyda was beaming; Leyda's cheeks were rosy pink.

"Dearly beloved," the minister said as Mr. Kelly and Leyda stood beside me. "We have gathered here today to celebrate a new beginning, the beginning of a new unity before our Lord, Almighty God. All whom are present shall bear witness to this splendid occasion, may the Lord bless you all."

I barely heard anything that was said, I was too busy looking at Leyda. She was wearing the very dress that I had seen in several of my dreams. I had never told her what dress it was, but my mother had been with her when they were picking out the dress. Leyda's brown hair was in bun, with several strands curled near her face.

The minister turned to me and said, "Will you, Michael, promise to love and care for Leyda? Will you promise to protect her and be her leader as the Bible commands? Will you take the responsibility to teach and share the word of our Lord Jesus Christ with her that she may not fall from the path?"

"I will," I said, nodding.

"Will you, Leyda, promise to love and care for Michael? Will you promise respect him as the head of your household and obey the commands of the Holy Father? Will you support him as your husband and comfort him when he is weary?"

"I will," Leyda replied, smiling.

"The usual master of ceremonies would ask if there are any objections to the unity of two people. However, I am not like most ministers, therefore I now pronounce you man and wife. Michael, you may kiss the bride."

I kissed Leyda briefly, but it was all that was necessary. As Leyda and I walked back up the aisle, we stopped to hug our families. We hurried out of the church and got into the waiting limo. Lilia came with us, because I wanted her with us. Lilia and Leyda had grown closer over time, and I enjoyed being around Lilia. We had a little bond between us; Lilia liked it whenever I would sit with her at the table, and color. I would draw her pictures of hearts and animals, and she would color them in.

"That was fun!" Lilia said, sitting in my lap. "Let's do it again!"

"We can't do it again," Leyda said, laughing as she kissed her cheek. "Now we have to go to the party."

"But will we get to do is again later?" she asked, furrowing her brow the way Leyda did.

"Maybe next year," I replied, tickling her gently.

~  *  ~

It was late in the evening. I was sitting on the front porch of the house my parents gave to Leyda and me. It was just the right size for three people; there were three bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, living room, and the kitchen. Just like in the dreams, our wedding ceremony was in a meadow. Well, it was out in the middle of the Kelly's ranch. Which looked exactly like the meadow in my dream, and it was a dream coming true.

"Daddy!" Lilia called as she joined me on the front porch. "Can you fix my doll? Her voice went away."

She handed me her Barbie doll, and I pressed the button on her back.

"Hmm," I said, turning the doll over in my hands. "I think she's out of battery."

"Do you have a new one?" Lilia asked as I handed it back to her.

"I'm afraid that is the kind of battery that I don't have," I replied with a sigh. "But next time I get batteries at the store, I will see if they have that kind. How would you like that?"

"Okay, thank you!"

Lilia kissed my cheek and ran into the house with her doll.

"You just made her day," Leyda said, joining me on the porch. "However, she will forget the doll even had a voice."

"Yeah," I replied, putting my arm around her shoulders. "But it is good that she knows I will at least try to fix it."

"Yeah, and Lilia looks up to you. Michael, I have never been so at peace in my life."

"You know why, right Leyda?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course," she replied, laughing softly. "When I finally let God have full reign in my life, and accepted Jesus as my savior, everything just fell into place. Jesus is the peace in my life now."

I nodded and pulled her into a hug.