five

I was standing in the back room with one of my coworkers, holding one of the small basketballs.

Whenever it's slow, we hang back there and play on the little goal that hangs on the door.

I had the ball in my hand and had it on my hip. I was leaned up against the door frame.

As we talked, I heard the door open because of the bell ringing. I toss the ball to Callie, my coworker.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I ask putting my fake voice on. I stop myself when I see Colby looking around.

"Are you stalking me now?" I smirk, causing him to laugh. He moved his eyes from the bakery to my eyes.

I wonder how he found out where I worked. Or maybe he just came here for the hell of it.

"Maybe a little bit." He told me nonchalantly. I looked at him surprisingly. "How'd you figure it out?" I ask shocked.

He smiled a little bit. "Evan." I rolled my eyes. Of course Evan told him, he's probably laughing his ass off right now.

He asked for a blueberry muffin so I grabbed one for him. "Any big plans for today?" He looked dressed for a day out.

"I'm going out to lunch with Brennen." He gave me his card so he could pay for it.

When he paid, I looked at him. "I'll be keeping this, thank you." I tease him. He laughed a little while grabbing his muffin.

"I knew you wanted to be friends because of my money." He teases. The boys have posted the videos with me.

Because I hung around Colby, they were either hating me or shipping me with Colby.

The haters said I'm only using the boys for their money and it cracks me up. The things people come up with, I swear.

Colby and I joke around about it but I know it worries him. During these two weeks, we've gotten pretty close.

We text everyday and hang out whenever we can. I laugh as I hand him his card. He put it in his wallet while looking at me.

"You know if you want, you can hang out with us." He suggested. I frown while shaking my head.

"I would, but I'll be busy beating Evan's ass." I laugh a little bit. "You don't have to be embarrassed." He tried to tell me.

I scrunch my nose towards him. "I'm not embarrassed about working here." I tell him honestly.

"I just don't tell many people I bake." I blush while looking down. When I look at him, he was looking surprised.

"You bake?" I nodded my head. I pointed towards the muffin, signaling that I baked it myself.

He took a bite into it so he could taste it. He looked at me surprised as more costumers walked in.

I told him how I had to get these people and he nodded. He started walking towards the door.

Before he walked out, he turned to me. "You look cute in that apron." I scrunch my nose towards him.

He winks before walking out as I feel myself start to heat up. I shake my head as I walk towards the people scanning the food.

I work for a couple more hours and I'm finally off. I go to my car and drive home. When I do, I see Evan is home.

I rush into the house and yell his name. He came out of his room wearing his boxers.

"Why?" I ask him as he looks at me confused. "I was about to get dressed, I swear." I shook my head towards him.

"No, why did you tell Colby about where I work?" He looked at me with wide eyes and confusion.