twenty-seven

I flop onto the couch exhausted. It was currently eleven thirty and we just got everything set up.

It took us a little bit to set up his bed, but us four worked hard to get it done. Brennen and Jake just left so it was just us two.

Brennen never said anything else about Colby being 'in love' with me, which I liked. I still don't know how much I believe.

I just don't want to think too much about it. I lay there for a minute, not knowing what to do.

I could hear his balcony door open causing me to sit up. I look to see Colby leaning against the railing.

I go out there with him, looking at the view. You can see a lot of lights in the distance.

You could hear the Los Angles traffic and hoots and hollers of drunken adults. I honestly loved the city life.

Everything just felt alive. There was almost no dull moments of living here. If I suddenly moved to the mountains, I wouldn't know what to do.

I would get bored the first few days. Las Vegas was the same way as here. I love the city.

"It's a nice view." I speak up, grabbing his attention. I look over to see he was still looking at it.

He was nodding his head in agreement. "It's one of the reasons why I chose it." He admitted towards me.

It was a nice apartment. And it'll be nice to get actual alone time with Colby.

Back at the traphouse, we couldn't hang out without Jake barging in with his random thoughts.

At my house, we couldn't hang out without Wesley and Evan higher than shit trying to freestyle.

But now we actually get to have alone time together. We stood there for a little bit in a comfortable silence.

"Do you have to work tomorrow?" He asked making conversation. I shake my head no towards him.

"I'm actually going out to lunch with my sister." He snapped his head towards me.

I haven't told him that me and Spencer have been rekindling our relationship. "Am I missing something?"

I could see the gears shifting in his head. I take a deep breath and explain it to him.

I tell him how we fought when I went back to the house when we flew in. He looked shocked towards me.

"How come you didn't say anything?" He asked worriedly. I just shrug while looking at the distance.

"I didn't want you to worry." I tell him. It was before we fully admitted our feelings and I wasn't mentally okay at the time.

He just shakes his head towards me. "You know, she really wants to meet you." I smile towards him.

He gives me a look, not knowing what I was planning. "She knows about me?" He didn't sound upset.

He seemed slightly happy. "Well duh. Your girl might talk about you a little bit." I wasn't embarrassed by it.

"That's honestly adorable. Can I come?" He asked hopeful. I looked at him surprisingly.

"You really want to come?" I ask surprisingly. I didn't think he would want to. 

He nodded his head happily. "I wanna meet the infamous Spencer Beasley. The use to be hated sister." He teased.

"I'll text her and ask if it's okay you come." So that's what I did. I asked if it was okay Colby came.

She texted back almost instantly. She was actually thrilled to meet him. I know she has a lot of questions for him.

I made sure to let her know to not go too overboard. I don't want her going too crazy on questions.

Colby and I weren't up for much later after that. We were both exhausted from all the moving.

We woke up around ten thirty the next morning. We wanted to stay in bed but we had to start getting ready.

I was going to keep extra clothes over here in case I come over and forget some. I decided to keep it simple today.

Black skinny jeans, a black Metallica shirt with a long sleeved undershirt, and high top vans.

It took us about thirty minutes to get ready. Once we were ready, we get into the car to drive to Tender Greens.

My sister said she likes it, and I know Colby is obsessed with it, so I wanted to try it.

"Should I be nervous at all?" Colby asked I drove with one hand. I had my right hand laced with his fingers.

I shake my head towards him. "No, not at all." I smile. He should be more afraid of my dad than my sister.

We make small talk on the way to Tender Greens. My sister said she already ordered for us and has a table saved for us.

We walked in and started scanning around the room. We find her, and walk over to her.

She stood up with a big grin on her face. I quickly hug her as she looks over at Colby.

"You must be the guy she talks about." She smiled towards him. He glances towards me and looks back to my older sister.

"And you must be Spencer." They shook their hands and started talking to each other.

I was honestly super happy about to be here. I just hope everything goes well.

"I've heard a lot about you." My sister told Colby while grabbing her fork.

He gave me a look while I scrunched my nose towards him. "Like what?" He asked a little playfully.

"Just how you took care of her in Florida." I could hear the seriousness in her voice.

I shifted in my seat while he dropped his smile. I know he was thinking about Miami.

But I haven't told anyone about that. "I'm just happy we made it out okay." He admitted.

Hell, I'm happy he's okay. Those twenty four hours where Colby was in jail was hell.

I couldn't sleep, eat, or do anything. I wouldn't know what I would do if Sam wasn't there.

It would've lasted a lot longer than it originally did. "How did you learn we were arrested?" He asked curious.

She looked like she was thinking about it. "I got a call from Wesley. Knowing we didn't along in high school, I knew it was serious."

He looked at her surprised but let her keep talking. "He called me and said to check twitter." She stuck a piece of chicken into her mouth.

I haven't heard this story but I stay silent because I wanna know.

"I did what he said and saw your mugshots everywhere. I did what I thought was best and called our parents."

So that's how they knew. The whole lunch went super interesting. I could tell that we all enjoyed it.

By the end, we were telling her stories of our parties. Even though getting arrested was a shitty place for me, I'm happy it happened.

It taught me a lot of shit. That I'm not above the law and I was going to get caught one way or another.

Miami taught me how to appreciate every day of my life because it could change in an instant.

I could've either lost Sam or Colby during the Miami incident. Or, something could've happened to me.

The cops could've shot and killed me, and my family wouldn't know where I was.

The whole thing taught me a lot. I'm just super fucking grateful that I'm still here and breathing.

I hate imagining if something happened to me and I left Spencer here on bad terms.

Especially over something so stupid. Even though Colby and I don't have a title, I'm happy he's in my life.

He's honestly my whole world.