thirty-two

"Evan, I told you that you can't smoke in my car!" Serena yelled while driving.

We were currently on the way to our AirBnB for Coachella. We're getting there a day early to settle in.

Sam was driving with Kat, Colby, Jake, and Tara so there was no room in their car.

I wasn't too upset by it. I was just happy to ride with my roommates. It was going to be a long two hours.

"Jordan literally just hit her Juul." He threw me under the bus. "I don't care about the Juul. My car, my rules." She defended herself.

I could hear him groan as he put it back on his box. I put on music as we had the windows rolled down.

It was starting to get warm again, which I loved. I loved the heat and the warm weather.

I don't think I could live anywhere where it gets in the negatives and it snows.

Maybe one day for a vacation, but not for the rest of my life. I also wouldn't want to raise kids in Los Angeles.

But I'm still young. I got time to figure it all out. The whole car ride was entertaining.

Serena and I would be into a song while the boys would be in a whole random conversation.

They would argue from time to time which would make us yell at them to shut up.

It was nice spending time with them on this small little road trip.

When we get to the house, I was in awe. It was a decent looking house. Hopefully there's enough rooms knowing there's nine people.

When we pulled in, they pulled in right after us. We all got out of the car to stretch.

"How did your ride go?" Colby asked coming to me. I wrap my arms around him when he gets close enough.

"It was interesting. Yours?" I ask while everyone talks to each other. "A lot of yelling." He laughed.

That makes a lot of sense. They had Jake and Tara in the car. Our car was probably a little more chill.

We stood around and talked but we figured we could go do room situations.

Sam and Kat picked the master bedroom which didn't bother us.

There was a room that had two twin sized beds so Wesley and Evan took that room.

Jake and Tara took a room and that led to me, Colby, and Serena.

The last room had a queen sized bed and another twin. "Looks like I'm rooming with you." She smiled.

I could tell Colby wasn't upset by it. It's better than Jake being in here.

I wish Corey and Devyn were here, but I'm happy everyone else is. As we unpacked our stuff, I could hear Jake laugh.

I just shake my head while continuing to unpack. As we did, Jake asked if we wanted to swim with them.

How could I say no? It took us a little bit to change into our bathing suits.

When I walk out back, they were listening to music on a speaker. Sam and Colby were putting alcohol in a cooler.

Kat, Tara, and Serena were starting to get in the water. Evan and Wesley were talking in the corner while smoking.

It was a sight to see all of us together. I'm just happy to be here with everyone.

Back in January, when I had the gun pointed to me, I never thought I would've made it here.

But I've grown so much since then. I think the whole Florida trip made me stronger.

It just took me a little bit to realize it. I get in the water, which was a little cold.

"Colby!" I yell towards him. He looked at me as I went to edge of the pool.

I rest my arms on the edge of the concrete, feeling the warmness on my skin.

"Yeah, baby?" He asked looking at me. "Can you get me a mikes hard?" I make sure to give him a puppy dog look.

He smiles while bending over. He pulled one out and walked over towards me.

He bent down and gave it to me. "Thanks, honey." I get up and kissed his lips.

I swam over to the girls while cracking my mikes hard open.

I had my hair in a bun because I didn't want it wet just yet. "It feels weird without Devyn." Tara frowned.

I would have to agree. Whenever we get back from Coachella, we'll have to have a girls weekend with her.

I think it'll be really fun. And maybe, we could take my sister and get her in the group.

We stood in the corner, drinking and talking for a while. Sam started grilling out for us while Colby and Jake got in the pool.

They both had drinks in their hands while they came to us. Colby wrapped his arms around me from the behind me.

He places his chin on my shoulder which makes me smile. "You feeling okay?" I ask knowing he's usually like this when he's drunk.

"I'm just really happy." He admitted. In the past couple of weeks of them being off, I can see his old self coming back.

And it makes me super happy. All I want in life is Colby to be happy, whether it's because of me or not.

I just love seeing his cheesy grin he does. It was honestly a super fun day. We spent most of it by the pool, drinking.

We were going to be hungover tomorrow but it didn't stop us. Knowing we couldn't drink inside the festival, we were doing it now.

And plus we might pregrame a little bit before depending on how we're feeling.

I don't know how we didn't end up sunburnt from how long we were out there.

We all came in around eleven so we could dry up. It was a little bit chilly whenever we got out though.

I put on a pair of Colby's sweats and a band tee. I go downstairs to see Evan passed out on the couch.

I wanted to sober up a little bit so I didn't have too bad of a headache tomorrow.

I wanted to try to get Colby a little sober too. When I go into the kitchen, Wesley, Jake, and Tara were talking.

Tara was sitting on the counter while the boys were leaning against the counter.

"Damn, J, you got some sun today." Wes smiled towards me. I looked to see I was a lot tanner.

I open the fridge to grab waters for Colby and myself. I left him upstairs knowing he was going to pass out in any moment.

I have no idea where Sam, Kat, and Serena were. "I thought you were always that white." Jake made fun of me.

I close the fridge and flip him off as the two boys start laughing. "You can hit him if you want." Tara teased.

I just told them goodnight and stumbled up to the my room. I go in there to see Colby and Serena laying on either bed.

He was already asleep so there was no point of trying to wake him up. I put the water next to him and lay next to him.

He wraps his arms around me and I almost instantly fall asleep. When I woke up, I was alone in bed.

I felt a lot better than what I thought I was going to. As I sit up, I see that Serena was scrolling through her phone.

"How hungover are you?" I ask causing her to look at me. "I think I threw everything up." I grimaced at the thought.

But at least she's feeling a little better. We talked but Sam came in saying they made breakfast.

We go downstairs to see everyone down there. We all make our own plates and sit down.

We planned the day out and we were going to leave around four at the latest. I was excited for Coachella.

I'm just happy to be here with everyone.