Moving day

I jump off the bed and I start grabbing some boxes that Maddy threw in my room. I pack in all my clothes, and I use a marker to write 'Clothing' on the side of the box.

After that I walk over to my desk and I throw all my books in it, all my notepad's, plain paper, pencils, markers, dictionary's, the Principles of Contract Law book and some other school supplies.

The next box is my makeup, perfume, all the things for my face, hair stuff, purses and some other things. I'm already tired from this, packing isn't for me. I wanna be at James' place even though it's just studying. I don't like studying for exams, but I want it now. I want to study.

It's already 8pm and I still have to bring it all to the new house. If I don't do it now, I will postpone it until the weekend.

I bring the boxes downstairs and I know that no one's there. Maddy is still at the new house, and I have no idea where the girls are. I put all the 8 boxes in my car, and there's absolutely no space left in my car, but that's fine, at least everything fits.

I put on the radio, and I hear the song 'Fighter' by Christina Aguilera, and I turn it a little up. The palm of my hand is hitting the steering wheel softly at every beat of the song while my head is moving back and forth just a little bit.

As soon as I arrive, I park the car in front of the house, and I step out of the car. I walk over to the trunk, and I grab the first box with my clothes in it.

As soon as I walk towards the front door, a guy from my class walks past me with his dog.

"Hi, Harley, right?" I hear him say behind me, and I turn around. This handsome guy with black hair, dark eyes... around my age, say 23. Shaun is his name I believe... Chang-Chi actually but he prefers Shaun, and he's gonna be a damn good lawyer one day.

"Hi Shaun, yea." I say with a smile while taking a step closer towards him. "How are you?" I say a little awkward while having trouble keeping the box from falling on the ground.

"I'm good, I'm good. What about you? I see your moving?" He says while pointing at the box in my hand.

"Yea, yea... with Maddy." I point at the front door with my head. I look down and I see his dog sniffing my leg like crazy.

"It's just a little bit of drugs, I didn't expect him to smell that." I say as a joke, and he lets out a chuckle as he moves his hand over his jaw.

"Let me help you with those boxes." He offers while taking a step closer to grab the box out of my hands.

"Oh, you really don't have to do that." I add with a smile as I shake my head.

"I've kept you talking long enough, and that box got heavier and heavier by second." He laughs while pointing at my hands since they've been getting red.

"How about I bring your boxes to your front door, and you hold this guy." He adds while pointing at the dog next to him.

"Deal." I chuckle, and I give him the box exchange for the dog leash. We never really talked at school but he's really sweet. One of the sweetest guys I know, and a person you want as a best friend.

"Hey, did you already start reading the Principles of Contract Law book? I saw a couple Cases in there I recognize that aren't so old." He says while he walks back to my car to grab another box.

"And when I say, new... I mean seriously new. Cases from last year, 2005 or something." He says with a smile while moving all the boxes.

I squat down next to the doggy, and I scratch him behind his ears. I'm absolutely not a dog person but this one is a cutie.