Daniel

"So, what do you want me to cook?" I ask Maddy after coming back from school. Yesterday after the test I went to bed because I could finally stop studying for one day and sleep.

Today I had a very short school day and unfortunately, I had Professor Banner which means I haven't seen James since yesterday. Tomorrow it's Wednesday, and we have a free day to do whatever we have to do. Free day doesn't mean a day without studying...It's law-school and we still have to study.

Anyways...I'm putting my hair in a bun, and I put on a kitchen apron because I promised Maddy to cook for her.

"Literally, anything you feel like making." She says as she takes a seat on the bar chair. I did some groceries on the way home, and I have two paper bags on the kitchen island.

"Come on, I bought a lot of things, chicken, meat or fish." I ask as I grab all the ingredients, spreading them out on the table.

"Fine, chicken." She says as she places her hands on the counter. "Alright chicken it is." I add while washing my hands.

"But I need you out of the kitchen or I'll mess it up." I smile as I raise my eyebrows. I'm serious, I can't cook when someone is watching me, I'll mess it up, people are looking at me like I'm doing something wrong, and I can't handle that.

"Alright alright, I'm gonna take a shower." She says as she pats on the counter two times.

She walks away, and I start making a mixture to marinade the chicken in. I hear the shower and that's where my phone starts ringing.

*Incoming call from James*

The smile that appeared on my face is huge, and I immediately let out a little laugh, I don't know why, he makes me happy by just calling.

I take a bite of a bell pepper I was cutting, and I dry my hands on a towel right before I pick up my phone.

I hold the phone in between my ear and shoulder so I can cut the vegetables again. "Hi." I smile while taking another bite of the piece of bell pepper.

"Hi most beautiful...Gorgeous..." he exaggerates, and I immediately start laughing through the phone.

"...sexy woman I've ever laid my eyes on." He adds. I know that he's smiling on the other side of the line by the way he talks.

"Wow, this is new." I smile with a chuckle while my whole face is glowing. I grab a handful of bell pepper and I throw them in a bowl.

"For you maybe, I've been saying that in my head quite a while." He says, and I let my head fall against the could counter with a smile. God, he needs to stop.

"Hmm, are you gonna say that in my face too? Or is a man like you too scared to say things like that." I say in a seductive way, leaning with both of my arms on the counter.

"If you come over right now, I will." He says as he takes a deep breath. "I'll do a little bit more than just telling you." He adds, and this feeling in my stomach is indescribable.

I squeeze my eyes shut, and I mouth the words 'Fuck'

"I can't, I promised Maddy to cook for her." I say as I take a deep breath. I start putting the chicken in the oven while I cut some more vegetables. I can hear Maddy singing under the shower before putting my full attention to him again.

"What are you making?" He asks as he takes a seat on his couch while exhaling loudly.

"Chicken with mushroom sauce, vegetables and rice." I say while making the sauce ready.

"When are we gonna cook together?" He murmurs softly through the phone.

"Tomorrow." I say as I frown my eyebrows, pulling my shoulders up like I didn't just make that up.