I know she knows

We lie in bed together and I roll on top of him. "Come here." He says, and he wraps his arms around me while my legs are on each side of him like a baby.

My head is in his neck and he throws the blanket tight on top of us. Well, on top of me since I'm his blanket basically.

I make myself comfortable as I wiggle my face in his neck and he's holding me tight while stroking the back of my head.

"I love you too much." He says with his eyes closed as he breathes out.

"I love you more." I say with my lips against his neck.

After a moment he stops caressing the back of my head and he brings his hand to my back as he's trying to hold me tighter then before.

"No keep going, you hurt me, you owe me." I say with a crack in my voice, and he lets out a chuckle.

He brings his hand back up to my hair and moves his fingers through it. "Brad asked me to the dance." I say with another crack in my voice. I sound like I'm about to cry but I'm just tired and in burning pain still.

"What?!" He says while he stops with stroking my hair. "James!" I sigh as I pat on the back of my own head. "Oh sorry." He says and he continues.

"He asked you? I hope for your own fucking good you said no." He says with one eyebrow up while I keep my eyes shut and my face in his neck.

"I did." I nod while I'm almost falling asleep. "Harley, you're not going with anyone but your friends if that wasn't clear." He says while he pulls the blanket even higher up till his neck, almost over my head.

"I know, and I don't want to. I just wanted to tell you that he asked me." I say as I pull my shoulders up, and I let out a yawn.

"But you're gonna look good in a suit and stuff so all the girls will probably stare at you and talk to you." I say as I exhale loudly.

"All the girls want you." I add.

"If that's true, the only reason they want me is for some good grades." He says as he raises both of his eyebrows up.

"Well little do they know, you don't do that. Not even for someone you love." I smile with another yawn.

"Because it's not necessary." He says as he shakes his head a little.

After a moment he stops doing my hair, and he rubs my entire back with both hands. "I think Maddy knows about us." He says as he clears his throat.

"I'm pretty sure...I accidentally said something I always say, especially to her since she's always eating sugar." He says while he turns his head a bit to the right to look at me even though my face is buried in his skin.

"Maybe she didn't notice, I mean, she hasn't mentioned it to you otherwise you would've said it to me right? So maybe she doesn't know." He says while he makes his lips thin.

"Honey?" He says as he furrows his brows. He removes the hair out of my face and he sees me sleeping, almost drooling in his neck, and he lets out a little smile.

He gives my cheek a little kiss and he moves his head a little against mine with still his arms around me and my body on top of his.

The next day we have to pack our things to leave again. This little trip is over and it's time to go back to school. We have a test about this trip, about the trial, the defendant, witness, everything that happened.

"I'm glad we're going back home." I say while I gather all my stuff that I brought to his room. I walk over to the door because I need to go back to my own room to pack my stuff again before we leave.