The devils party

I walk inside the building with some other students, and I look around me to search for Brad, or the girls.

I don't see them, so I walk up to the bathroom to check myself in the mirror. Not for Brad...just for myself even though James has a hard time believing that. I can already hear the music in the background playing, people laughing and shouting, just like prom 5 years ago.

I open the bathroom door, and I see a couple girls talking and doing their makeup in the mirror.

I give them a little smile before focusing on myself. I grab my lipgloss out of my purse and start doing my lips since James ruined that by kissing me.

"Hope professor Barnes comes." One of the girls says while fixing her mascara.

"Of course he will. Tons of woman dancing in sexy dresses right in front of him? He's not gonna miss that." The other one says with a smirk.

I look a bit through my eye corners to the girl, and I recognize her from my class. "God I would let him destroy me." She groans.

"I bet he's big. He would definitely fuck me if I wasn't his student." The other girl says, the one who hoped James will be here at the dance. He will, for me.

I turn around and I lean against the sink with both of my hands on it on each side of my body. "I thought he said he has a girlfriend?" I say to blend in.

"I know, makes me sick." She groans with a chuckle. "Maybe it's not that serious." The other says as she pulls her shoulders up.

"I mean, he said something about proposing soon...I think." I say in an uninteresting tone.

"Oh god, he wants to get married to a whore?" She says, and my eyes widen. "A whore?" I ask in a normal way.

"She calls everyone a whore who date hot guys." The girl says with an apologizing smile.

"Oh, okay." I say with an awkward smile, and I turn back around to face the mirror.

"He's in a relationship so nobody here stands a chance." I say as I fix my hair a little. "Or maybe you do, maybe I do." I add with a tiny gasp.

She walks up to me and looks at me through the mirror. She moves her lips to my ear and whispers. "Homewrecker." She smirks with a wink.

She walks away and her friends follow her as they leave me alone in the bathroom. I let out a chuckle as I shake my head, a little fun and playing doesn't hurt anyone.

I walk out of the bathroom after I'm completely done, and I walk towards the dance room. The song 'I wanna dance with somebody' by Whitney Houston gets louder and louder at every step I take, and I can already see the spotlights from under the door.

I push my long hair to the back over my shoulders, my fringes are falling over my forehead. A little bit of lipgloss, and I pat on my dress before opening the doors.

Brad walks inside the school with Stephanie. "God, I'm thirsty." Steph says while she's holding his arm.

As soon as he sees me standing infront of the dance room, he pulls his arm away from Stephanie's grip. She looks at him, but doesn't say a thing about it.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." Steph says with a fake smile.

"Don't be a fucking child because I don't wanna hold your hand." He groans. She sticks her middle finger up while walking away. It's honestly a love-hate situation between these two.

Brad clears his throat and fixes his tie before walking up to me. As soon as I put my hand on the doorknob, I feel his hand on my back.

"You listened." He says with a nod, referring to the dress. I look up from the doorknob as I blink slowly. I don't even bother to turn around to face him and I keep staring at the door in front of me.