Mother knows best

"I'll see you later sweetie." I say as I kiss him on his lips while we stand Infront of his front door.

Spring break is over, and today is our first school day again.

I walk away, but he pulls me back. "Hey, Hey, wait." He says while grabbing my wrist.

"Maddy's?" He asks while he holds my wrist in the air, looking at two golden bracelets that I took from Maddy.

"Yea." I say as I nod my head because I don't know why that matte- he grabs them from my wrist and throws them away.

"Seriously?" I smile as my jaw is on the floor. "See you later." He says as he gives me another kiss and a pat on my ass as he pushes me away outside.

I shake my head with a smile while I walk towards my car. I have all my stuff, so I don't need to go home first. I feel kinda bad for not calling or texting Maddy during those four days, but I really need to tell her I'm moving out.

It's pretty early so I drive towards Stephanie and Emma's house first. Haven't seen or talked to hem since spring break started. School starts in 30 minutes so I'm just gonna have some coffee at their place.

I park my car and I knock on the door a couple times. Steph opens the door with a smile that turns into a smirk. "Oh, look who we got here, the professor sucker."

I roll my eyes with a smirk, and I push her away so I can come in. It smells great, eggs, bacon and fresh coffee.

"We were hoping you would come by one of these days." Emma says with a smile while pouring three mugs of coffee.

"So, how was spring break?" I ask as I take a seat around the table. Emma grabs three plates with scrambled eggs and bacon even though I ate breakfast at James place.

"I visited my parents, and I came back yesterday." Emma says as she takes a seat as well. "Yea same." Steph adds with her mouth full of eggs.

"What about you Hm? Spend it with Professor Barnes?" Steph adds while wiggling her brows up and down.

I chuckle as I poke my egg with my fork. "I uh, I went with Maddy to her place first for three days, and then I spend it with James."

"With Maddy." Steph says while raising her brows up. "Hm hm." I nod.

"To her place." She repeats and I nod again. "Hm hm."

"And you enjoyed it." She says and I shake my head as I furrow my brows. "Hmm." I say.

"That's what I thought." She laughs which made me chuckle too. We keep eating while we talk about the holidays and things we have done, but all I can think about are the paintings.

"I need to tell you two something." I say as I stop playing with my eggs.

"So, Maddy's parents are living-" I say but Steph interrupts me.

"Aren't her parents dead or something?"

"Yes, adoptive parents. They live in a villa, they're rich rich. And Maddy showed me the house bla bla bla, she skipped a room during the tour she gave me." I say as I move my hands while I'm talking.

"So, in the middle of the night -we slept in the same room, same bed by the way because she wanted that- in the middle of the night, I got out of bed, and I walked to that room she skipped." I say while they're listening to me as they stop eating.

"I opened the door, and there were paintings, the whole room was filled with paintings of my face." I say, and their eyes widen immediately.

"What?" Steph says as she furrows her brows. Emma is just looking at me with big eyes while I'm nodding.