Through sickness and health

The next morning, around 10am, we walk towards Percy's. We haven't seen Diane in ages and I have so much to tell her.

When you're in law-school, you have a certain sleeping schedule that you keep for ever. You go to bed early, and you wake up early. So we may wake up at 9am, but that's because we go to bed at 11pm or something. And even if we fall asleep late, we still wake up early because it's in our system. Although, since I'm with James, my sleeping schedule has been a little messy.

We haven't talked about yesterday and his mom or anything. He's been avoiding that subject pretty well.

He grabs my hand and intertwines his fingers through mine while we're walking a little bit after parking the car.

"You really aren't afraid that people might see us are you?" I say as I look down at our hands.

"Most of them already do so..." he says with a groan as he wraps his arm around my shoulder with still our fingers intertwined together.

We arrive at Percy's and we see Diane dancing on the song. 'Fantasy by Mariah Carey'

We walk over to the counter and I lean down with my chin in the palm of my hands. James positions himself behind me with his arms on the counter too on each side of my elbows, and he gives me a kiss on my cheek while we're looking at Diane.

As soon as she turns around while dancing, she lets out a yelp as she brings her hand to her heart.

"Lord have mercy." She says with panic. James and I both raise our right hand up and we wiggle our fingers as a 'hello' while we're smiling.

"Don't ever sneak up on me, ever again!" She says as she points at us.

"We missed you too." I smile.

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood." She says as she raises her brows up. She turns around and makes two coffees for us and some breakfast.

"Good mood?" I ask as I furrow my brows. In my opinion, she's always in a good mood, but never judge a book by its cover.

"Hm hm, my sister came by couple days back. Haven't seen that woman in a very long time." She says while she's pouring in the cups.

"Oh, Adrianna! When I talked to her, I didn't know she was your sister." I say as I suck in my lips.

She immediately raises one eyebrow up and she looks at James. "Really? You let her talk to my sister."

I let out a sigh as I drop both of my arms down. He gives her a single nod as he blinks very slowly. "Hm hm." He hums.

"Girl, he only chose you because he's so in love with you, because from what I heard, you suck."

I make my lips thin as I suck them in, and I nod my head. "I knew it." I say, and I drop my head on the counter as I bend down.

My movement made him step a little back, and he grabs my hips. He looks down at my ass for a long time and he licks his bottom lip. Diane snaps with her finger and he immediately looks up as he furrows his brows.

"What?" He asks while she raises her brows up with her hand on her hip. "Eyes up here son." She says while she points at her own eyes with two fingers before pointing them at his.

He rolls his eyes and grabs the coffees from the counter to walk towards a table in the corner.

I look at him with a chuckle before focusing on Diane again while she's grabbing some muffins, and croissants.

"He hates it when I act like this." Diane smirks.

"I don't think so." I say as I shake my head. "We uh, we went to visit his mom yesterday." I add and she immediately looks up to me.