Your fault

"Are we going to school?" I ask Maddy the next morning. It's a Friday and I was supposed to leave today for the trip.

I texted Stephanie and Emma to wish them a safe trip and they called me that they miss me. I'm kidding, they never said they miss me, but I hope they do.

"Yea lets go." She says, and my eyes widen. She's definitely not afraid anymore to go outside. She covered her bruises on her face with makeup so she looked all pretty again, and nobody would know what happened.

I grab my stuff and make myself ready to go out. I wanna go to Percy's but I'm afraid James is there and it's his spot... I don't wanna ruin or take that away because he will definitely go away if I come.

We drive to school together with Maddy's car and we arrive 15 minutes too early. We walk inside, and the hallways are empty and quiet. It's really early and the only sound you hear are my heels from the black boots I'm wearing under some dark blue flared pants and a shirt with short sleeves.

The classroom door is still locked as we lean against the lockers behind us. At that point we see James walking in the hallway towards us.

Maddy is biting on a sugar stick like always since she's obsessed with them while looking at him. "Good morning, Professor bar-" Maddy says but he grabs the sugar stick out of her hand and throws it in the trash can next to us.

"All that sugar is gonna mess up your liver." He says without looking at her or me as he stands in front of the classroom door.

"I get the feeling he doesn't really like me that much." She says as she moves her face to me while keeping her eyes on his back.

"You and me both." I say, and he immediately turns around as he looks at me while opening the door.

"Inside." He says to us. Other students are walking in the hallway and it's start to get crowded again.

I don't dare to look him in the eyes, so I keep looking straight ahead as I walk in. He stands next to the door, and he looks at me. He follows me with his eyes until I sit in my seat.

The whole class is getting full, and he leans against his desk. He hasn't looked at me once since I sat down, not even quick, not even by fucking accident. Not once.

Shaun, Emma and Stephanie aren't here because they're in Norway right now while I'm in this stupid position with beat up Maddy next to me and angry James in front of me.

"Alright I have here some cases, find the best defense for this case and I'll ask you at the end of the class." He says, and he walks to everyone to give them a file.

Everyone sticks their hand out and he hands them the files over. He walks over to Maddy, and he gives her the file. I stick my hand out just like everyone else, but he drops it on my table in front of me while looking at me.

He walks away and make a fist as I pull my hand back, sucking my lips in while I look down at the file.

"What was that?" Maddy whispers as she moves closer to me.

"Hm? Oh, he's mad at me because I came to his office to ask about those points." I whisper back.

"I told you, teachers don't dig that. They don't like it when students tell them they're not agreeing with their grade or points or whatever." She whispers as we both turn to each other.

"I noticed, but I didn't complain, I just wanted to know why I didn't get any points." I whisper and we come closer towards each other face.

"Did you get an explanation?"

"What do you think." I say with a poker-face, and she lets out a chuckle. "Stop laughing." I say through my teeth, and at that point I see a hand smashing on my table.