Chapter 1: Not us, but her

Quick note that I will copy and paste every single chapter before ONLY editing the start and the end of the chapter, For now... let's gets started!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Endergirl

Perhaps they weren't there to stop us getting in, but her getting out.

As any unsupervised teenager did at one fifteen in the morning with school beginning in about seven hours, I sat in front of my desk on my slightly wobbly office chair, scrolling down web page after web page in search of entertainment. It certainly was not uncommon, most nights were like this actually. And most days were spent jumping from nap to nap, school work and what not in between. It was not a matter of wanting to go to sleep or not, I was simply unable. If I lay in bed any earlier than twelve my mind would run rampant, pulling up ideas and thoughts that needed to be acted upon.

I liked it this way. And evidently I wasn't the only one. Most of my friends were online as well, playing the various games they were addicted to or watching anime. I had never met any of them of course. But I knew them well. I had run into all of them on public servers or in chat rooms, and we all pretty much had the same interests and values, not to mention a mutual disliking of normal people.

It often puzzled me on what the definition of normal was. So far I had been lead to believe that normal was defined as being popular, having a lot of friends, playing sport and having a good body. Although I could never decide because technically I fit all of these requirements, just not in the ways I think were expected. I was popular, on most servers. I had a lot of friends, online. Chess was a sport. And I wasn't chubby nor fat but to be honest, I wasn't exactly buff either.

The familiar ping of an incoming message escaped from my computers speakers and I quickly forgot the thought. LeftHandedSiren. It wasn't the worst gamer tag I had ever laid eyes upon, but it was getting pretty close.

'Hey, we set up a new Minecraft server about a week ago.' The message read.

Minecraft. I wasn't terribly familiar with the game, sure I had played a few times before, but

Another ping. 'You should join. Here's the IP: ###.###.##:25565' A moment passed. 'Some of the others are already here, but we need your input.'

The corner of my mouth tilted upwards. A tactician. That's what I was. My friends knew and exploited the fact constantly. If I thought something through there was always a way around any obstacle.

I placed my hands on my keyboard, clean and grease free due to my constant care. 'Why do you need me?' I typed, hitting enter as soon as I had finished.

'We're going to raid the Ender stronghold.'

A few images popped to mind, depicting the huge dungeon which held the infamous Ender portal. I shrugged, it's not as if I had anything better to do. With a couple of clicks and key presses I found the game which had rested unused for the past couple of months and opened it. I logged in and typed in the IP address, joining the game. A few moments later the eyes of my avatar opened to the sight of trees, their leaves waving gently in the virtual wind.

'TheEngineer joined the game.' The yellow text of the server announced over the chat bar.

A series of greetings and formalities were exchanged between the five other players and I. Before long I had been given a set of half used armour and a badly damaged iron sword.

LeftHandedSiren spoke up. 'Okay guys, the entrance is just through this cave.' I stared past his character, whom for some reason was always a fiery red haired girl with swirling tattoos creeping up her left arm. I quickly dismissed the query as I did every time and focused on the cave. It lay directly ahead of us, dark and menacing. I hardly noticed how unrealistic the blocky graphics were anymore, completely focused on the task ahead of us. He continued. 'I had a little bit of a look, and it is filled with a metric shit ton of Endermen. So just don't stare at them, and we should be fiiiiiine.'