Chapter 19: Cold, dead hands

Since I can't find more of this art that you seen in my previous chapters, I think it's time for me to add random enderwomen image in every chapter.

Anyway let us begin
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Cold, dead hands.

The principal had a Porsche.

A Porsche 918. A sleek convertible covered in a sparkling silver shade. It was one of those cars that everybody turned and stared at as it revved it's unnecessarily powerful engine down the street. How the man could afford it, I would never know. But there it was, rolling up in front of us, the rims dancing within the tyres.

The elderly man jumped from the driver's seat as the door swung upwards, obviously trying to contain his enthusiasm about showing it off. "The Porsche Nine Eighteen Spyder, one of the newest models. A hybrid V8 engine that can reach up to three hundred and forty k's an hour, pushing out eight hundred and eighty seven horse power." He looked over the machine proudly, seemingly still in awe of its presence.

Amber, Jacob and I stood outside the front gates of the school, unsure of how to respond. It was impressive... But I felt as if the spectacle was wasted on us. Jacob held a bag of ice over his blood caked nose, his eyes a little damp from holding back tears. It was obvious enough that the skeleton regretted nothing. She examined the beast of a car in front of her, interested.

The principal, unsatisfied with our reactions, grumbled as he pointed Jacob to the passenger side door. "Let's go."

He seemed a little perplexed. "Aren't you going to make her apologize?" His voice came out in a nasal ring that made my ears flinch.

The white haired man glanced over at the white haired girl. Her eyes met his, despite not turning from the machine before her. He looked back to Jacob before returning to the driver's side. "She's not going to apologize." The man stopped, remembering something. "Don't get blood on my seat."

And with that, he slid in, pulling the door closed behind him. Jacob, slightly stunned, paused for a moment before glaring at us. His gaze was fuelled by anger, almost as if he were already plotting his revenge.

"Don't make us break something else." I muttered, fed up with his arrogance.

The stare down continued for a moment longer, before he finally took a step towards the vehicle and popped the door, carefully placing himself in the leather bucket seat before closing it behind him.

The beast of a car accelerated almost as soon as his seatbelt clicked on, the wheels screeching quickly on the tarmac below. Jacob's look of terror was priceless as the ecstatic principal accelerated around the corner, the engine roaring as they vanished from the carpark in a matter of seconds.

I couldn't help but laugh. "So you actually broke his nose?"

Amber whipped around to face me. "You told me to!"

The cold winter breeze flowed around us briefly, causing a small shiver to run across our skin. A few solitary leaves still clung to the branches, but it would not be long until they fell, their presence replaced with flakes of snow.

A small smile spread across my face as I looked at her. Her lively silver eyes, her angular yet soft features, just the hint of cheekbones underneath her perfectly toned skin. The pure white hair had grown slightly longer since we first met, hanging down just past her shoulders. And as always, a few strands still fell gently across her face.