Chapter 14: The very same

LET'S DO THIS TEXAS STYLE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"The very same."

For the numerous time that morning, I rubbed at my eyes with the only fingers that weren't coated in ink. This would hopefully be the last occasion. Shaking out my hand to try and regain some feeling in it, I gripped the fountain pen once more. I focused and took a deep breath, patience was not usually one of my virtues so I had to get this right.

Slowly, I began to lower the pen to the page...

"What are you doing?" Isaac asked from directly behind me. I jumped in fright and instinctively slammed my elbow back into his ribs. He winced and stumbled backwards. "What the hell was that for!?"

I whipped around to face him, letting my anger seep into my eyes. "You scared the fuck out of me! Make more noise when you walk around!"

"I'm a fucking Creeper! What'd you expect?"

I hissed at him and turned around, briefly noting how ironic the action was. "You're a pain."

He ignored my comment and brushed past me before taking a seat on the table, peering down at my work. "Student enrolment form?" His examination continued a moment longer. "Hey, that's my name. What are you doing?"

"Would you shut up?"

He sulked, but obeyed for the moment. Thankfully, my panic attack hadn't caused too much of a mess, the form was still usable. Taking one last look at the signature David had provided me with, I carefully copied it down onto the small dotted line. I lifted the pen and examined my work.

Perfect.

It better be, considering I had practiced the mark over a thousand times. I lifted the form, along with all the others, and presented them to the creeper. "You're going to high school."

He seemed sceptical. "Will there be hot girls there?"

I smirked at him, he really was that straightforward. "Pervert."

"Breakfast." Zoe chimed as she descended the stairs, Key in tow.

"It's almost noon." I reminded her, turning my gaze to the Endergirl. "Why did you sleep so long?"

She pouted. "Zoe fell asleep on top of me."

I laughed. "Well David's not up yet, so see what you can find in the fridge." Key gave me a questioning look, so I went on to explain. "He and Amber were up all night." I watched her expression drop, she stared at the floor awkwardly. Realising how dirty the sentence must have sounded, I continued. "They were playing chess."

She brightened a little again, her cheeks flushing. "O- Oh..."

"Jealous?" I question, a little interested in the girls thoughts.

"O- Of c- course not! What is there to be j- jealous of?" The shade of her cheeks resembled closely to that of a ripe tomato.

So she liked David...

Isaac flicked my forehead, snapping me back to reality. I must have zoned out for a few seconds. He gazed at me with bright green eyes. "Thinking doesn't suit you."