Chapter 11: Pop

Let me begin this chapter!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
Pop.

By the time I came around, it was morning. I probably wouldn't have woken at all if it hadn't been for the annoying ray of sun that found its way through a small gap in the roof and onto my eyelids. Blinking away the light, I rolled out of its way. My head throbbed, but surprisingly, the pain was only fleeting.

I ran my fingers across the back of my skull, searching for a bruise or a cut. There was nothing. Sitting up, I looked around. The room was empty, only the whistle of an interrupted breeze kept me company. My muscles still ached and complained, but eventually I got my feet underneath me and pushed the door open to stand outside.

What I saw before me was hardly surprising. Amber held her curved short sword to Isaac's throat. Meanwhile, Isaac's mace was suspended above her head. I sighed. "What's happened now?"

They both tilted their heads to face me, seeming to forget about their stalemate. "Oh, he's alive." Isaac stated. I rolled my eyes before he continued. "She tried to stab me while I was sleeping."

My gaze snapped to the skeleton. "Did you?"

She shifted a little, her eyes flickering away from mine. "No..."

"You're lying." I accused.

"His snoring was pissing me off!"

The creeper, suddenly offended, attempted to defend himself. "I don't snore!"

Shaking my head, I leant against the wall, letting the subject pass. It was a short time before anyone spoke again. I remembered my wounds, which had miraculously healed overnight. "How was I able to recover so quickly?"

Isaac smirked. "Well, Miss Bones here felt a little bad about hurting you, so-"

"Shut the fuck up." The blade pressed closer to his neck, drawing a dot of blood.

Laughing, the creeper stepped back, lowering his mace. "Alright, alright... I won't tell him." Her sword took absence from his skin, but she held her ground, staring daggers into the boy. Isaac took another step back, putting a reasonable distance between them. A mischievous grin spread across his face. "I won't tell him how you spent the whole night by his side, trying to heal him."

Her cheeks took on the faintest tinge of red as she ran after the now fleeing reporter, cursing at him. I couldn't help but laugh. I was grateful, she had forgotten her pride for a moment in order to help me. Evidently, hybrids could lend their healing abilities... "How do you go about healing someone?" I asked as they neared after running around the house a few times.

The rosy colour that brushed her skin doubled in potency, her obvious embarrassment was far past her normal neutral expression. I didn't think she was capable of such a reaction. Isaac laughed, completely losing it. "If I told you that, she'd really kill me."

The girl shifted uncomfortably, clearly despising her lack of control over the situation. "We're even now..." She mumbled, staring at the ground.

I nodded. "Mm. We've saved each other."