Chapter 18: Snowflakes in a blizzard

I been through alot last month so for now...
LET'S GET STARTED!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.

.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
Snowflakes in a blizzard.

They stared at us.

Afraid? Maybe... Some of them smiled, as if thankful. Others turned and muttered to the ones next to them. Well, I suppose we did go a little overboard on Jacob...

We walked through the well-kept grounds, barren trees passing by overhead. It really was starting to get cold. The only person insane enough to forgo his blazer was Isaac, who carried the item over his shoulder. The creeper seemed unfazed by almost everything these days. He had quickly adapted to life here. Like most of the mobs, his classes were a breeze and his peers loved them. Amber being the exception, of course...

I looked over to the girl who walked next to me, sipping on the steaming cup of coffee in her hands. The corner of my mouth curved upwards as a strand of her hair fell across her eyes again. She pursed her lips and quickly pushed the delinquent string behind her ear, returning her hand to the source of warmth as fast as possible.

She noticed me staring at her from the corner of her eye, causing her to cast me a side long glance as her cheeks brightened by the slightest shade. "What?"

Caught, I returned my gaze forwards. "Nothing."

Key echoed a small humph from behind me. I looked over my shoulder at the girl, her eyes almost on level with mine. She seemed unfocused, not noticing for a second. But when she did, her face turned bright red and she cast her eyes to the ground. I smiled, amused by her shyness. Key was still a mystery to me. There were so many things I didn't know about her. But it never felt right to ask about her past... Well, it never felt right to ask about anybody's past in the group. We all had things we would rather not relive. Still, it took a momentous amount of effort to stop the questions from spilling out, fuelled by my provoked curiosity.

And Zoe, well, she was the most secretive of all.

Perspective Change: Zoe

It felt fake.

The breeze was fake. The buildings were fake. Even the people were fake. I didn't understand it. The way everyone hurried from place to place, organising and categorizing. Why were they hurrying? Why did they ignore the life around them just to check off menial tasks?

My new shoes scuffed against the ground as I dragged my feet. Key flinched in front of me, her bright eyes revealing themselves as she looked back, curious. A small frown of concern played across her face. I looked up and nodded slightly, letting her know I was okay. She smiled back, trusting me completely, no sense of doubt.

With great innocence comes great gullibility.

I pulled my scarf up over my mouth, resting it on my top lip. The split in the path was nearing. It's funny... I lived alone for years, I was used to it. Why did parting now feel so empty? The group slowed as we neared the rupture.

David said something, but I wasn't paying attention. Although, I did notice Key give me a light hug. I rested my head against her comfortable chest, which resembled a set of tender pillows. The Endergirl's skin heated up at the contact, but she didn't pull away until I did. As we parted, I poked her in the ribs, causing her to jump slightly in shock. I nodded subtly towards David. The purple haired girl cast her eyes away in embarrassment, but got the message.