Chapter 16: Touch her again

I'm going to sleep after this
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
"Touch her again..."

Classes passed quickly. It would seem that not only were the mobs attractive, but also fairly intelligent, especially Key. She seemed to be knowledgeable on almost every subject the teacher threw at her. Physics, calculus, even engineering. She ran off answers shyly, but still with one hundred percent accuracy.

Isaac didn't spend too much time focusing, but when he was asked a question, he quickly adapted. The Creeper had taken a seat amongst a group of girls, who seemed to be extremely friendly, not to mention a little seductive. He couldn't be enjoying himself more.

Raven still wasn't talking to anyone. She slumped in her chair, on the verge of falling asleep, but never succeeding. It would seem the only thing she knew how to handle was negative reinforcement. As soon as someone said something positive to her... She didn't know what to do. Still, the way Isaac would glance back at her every twenty minutes or so...

The bell rang loudly, dismissing us from the boring lecture. At the start of the year, our teacher had tried to explain that he was the one who dismissed us, and we could only leave when he allowed us to. That didn't last very long.

Isaac was the first to depart, being hustled out of the room by his female fans. He struggled a little, obviously wanting to stick with us, but his efforts were futile. Key went next, surrounded by her small entourage. The girls that encircled her weren't the bitchy type, they were the nerds. She would be fine. The Endergirl looked back at me once she reached the doorframe. I nodded at her to continue. And now, as usual, Raven and I were the only ones to remain.

I looked over at her. She stared up at the roof, her red hair hanging out at odd angles. Her arms hung limp by her sides and she pushed off of the ground lightly with her feet, swinging in her chair.

"What kind of asshole compliments one girl and then runs off with a dozen others?" She asked, talking to herself more than to me.

I smirked, for once Raven might actually be showing emotion. "One who knows the first girl will keep thinking about him, no matter how many girls he runs off with."

Her cheeks brightened a little. It was so foreign, seeing her like this. When she blushed, she almost looked beautiful. Her scowl returned. "He's so annoying."

"If you're not careful, somebody might think you're smitten."

A light laugh echoed from her. "With that asshole? I don't thi-"

She paused as a figure appeared in the doorway, bent over and breathing heavily. Spikey blond and brown hair, thick black framed glasses, dull green eyes. "You guys," He took another breath before continuing. "Are friends with," Breath. "Amber," Breath. "Right?

I glanced back at Raven before returning my gaze to the boy. "What's happened?"

"Jacob... Is-" He managed to push out.

I was out the door and in the hallway before the boy had time to finish his sentence. "Where?" I asked, my pace quickening. He had to jog in order to keep up.

"Near the sports field."

I broke into a sprint as I left the steps, pushing passed oncoming students and dodging the occasional teacher. I hurdled over any obstacles that lay in my path, gaining amused looks from those around me. It wasn't long before I stood on the grass of the large playing field. It stretched onwards for a distance, curving around into an expansive oval. A small group of twenty or so people were gathered near the outside edge. I crossed the distance quickly, pushing through the gathering of spectators.