Chapter 12: You're tone deaf

IT IS TIME TO RELEASE THE CHAPTER!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"You're tone deaf."

I flew from my monitor, crashing downwards and landing awkwardly atop of Isaac, who was atop of Zoe, who in turn was atop of Amber. The trio complained loudly as I collided. Rolling onto the floor, I stared up at the roof. How long had I been gone? Three, four days?

Finally, I was home...

Jolting upright, I ran out of the room and into the hallway. "Key!"

The house was just how I had left it, eerily so. Quickly descending the stairs I made my way into the living room, which help no occupants. After that, the kitchen, which revealed the same. Where were they? That same chilling thought echoed at the back of my mind, but I couldn't consider it for even a second. They had to be alive...

"David?"

Amber distracted me from my crazed state as I looked up to see her. She seemed sceptical as she examined the house from the top of the stairs. I sighed, now was not the time to worry. If they're not here now, eventually they will turn up on their own. But the trio that I had brought into this world must be at least a little uneasy about the major contrast in scenery.

Putting aside my search for the moment, I walked up the stairs and faced her as she continued her inspection. "Welcome to Earth." Her wandering gaze met mine as she considered the words. "This is where I live, usually."

"Oh... It's big."

I smiled. Compared to the shed we had been living in, it was gigantic. "Let me show you around." Zoe's head popped around the corner of my doorframe, Isaac followed. They were still on edge, you couldn't blame them really... "Don't worry, its safe h-"

A grim pop resonated around the room.

Sadly, I instantly recognised that it wasn't the Endergirl. The expressions of the three that stood before me instantly turned to those of fright. A piercing whistle announced the downfall of a blade. Without thinking, I threw myself towards the wall. The giant metal scythe hit the ground, splinters flying in every direction as the floorboards that lay beneath shattered. I spun to face the enemy. The instant I saw him, I felt both relieved and terrified. They may look identical, but this hybrid was the same one that had pushed me into that god forsaken world. I wasn't sure how I knew... But there was not a single speck of doubt.

Amber recovered from the initial shock first, hardly a second passing before her curved blade extended from her arm. Pushing forwards, she swung while the beasts defence was down.

Pop. It appeared at the end of the hall, and rushed towards us with astonishing speed. Regaining my strength, I stood in front of Amber, starring down the oncoming force as I reached over my shoulder. A sharp ring echoed through my ears as the long gunmetal blade slid from its sheath. Time seemed to slow... I dropped, my right foot back, along with my sword. My left side faced the incoming assailant, my hand splayed to block any blunt attacks.

It was odd... I had never taken this stance before, and I was sure it was full of openings. But it felt... Natural. I smirked as I realised what I was doing. Just how I had stood between Key and the last hybrid, I did now with Amber. The only difference was...