Chapter 13: Exactly, what I was thinking

LET'S A GOO!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Exactly, what I was thinking.

The meal was gone in seconds.

Not just the firsts, but seconds and even the few remaining scraps that might have been thirds. Every single string of pasta and every touch of sauce, vanished before my very eyes. There had been no time for conversation as the only person that hadn't been possessed with downing the food was Key. She hid behind her hoodie as four hungry teenagers stared down her meal.

"What did you fill her up with?" I asked absently, trying to avoid taking my eyes from her plate. If I did, I was sure Amber, Isaac or even Zoe might snatch it away.

Raven, the only one of us that seemed truly satisfied with her fill, smirked. "Eleven donuts, a coffee and a whole bucket of ice cream."

My mouth watered at the mention of the sweets. "Ice cream?"

The redhead laughed, her smile resonating around the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Isaac become a little distracted, his intense gaze flashing upwards for a moment, softening, and then dropping back down in a renewed focus. "Oh yeah, her and ice cream really enjoyed each other."

Without any notice whatsoever, something flew across the table, landing with a small splat against Ravens cheek. The axe wielder snapped still... A silence far greater than anything I had ever experienced before shrouded the room, all eyes focused on the victim. She raised a finger towards the projectile, wiping it off and holding it up to inspect.

Spaghetti sauce...

And the only one who could spare such rare ammunition was... Slowly, we all followed Raven's accusing stare to the girl at the far end of the table. She was leant over her plate, eyes just visible underneath the brim of her hood, hand extended over the meal, finger raised as if she had just flicked something...

Several things happened at once.

The irritable redhead jolted out of her seat, spanning the length of the table in mere moments. Key squealed and fell from her chair, soon popping out of existence. The remaining four of us glanced at each other before diving towards the unfinished plate. Somehow I managed to hoist the holy prize above my head in victory. Without warning, I felt it leave my grasp, ascending upwards.

The three of us glared at the spider on the ceiling. She held the plate in her hands with what we had come to recognise as her usual blank expression. We waited for her verdict. Maybe, she would be kind enough to spare us a portion. The corner of her thin lips curved upwards into a malicious grin. Mercy was obviously the last thing on her mind. But as she moved to consume the stolen trophy, she found that she had made one minor error. She looked down at us hesitantly.

I laughed. "Forgot something, did you?"

The mob pouted. "Can yo-"

"No." Both Amber and I answered simultaneously.

A moment passed as her gaze shifted to the creeper boy. He smirked back at her. "I'll trade you a fork for a meatball."

"Traitor." I exclaimed as he removed the specified utensil from the table and threw it up to her.