Chapter 15: Stupidity

Sorry! I'm late, anyway let's start this chapter!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.
.

.
.
.
.
"Stupidity."

"Now let's review." Raven started. "How are you all related to David?"

"Cousins." Zoe replied with her usual monotone.

"And if anybody asks why you transferred in the middle of the term?"

Zoe spoke once more. "Family tragedy."

"And where did you come from?"

"The next state over."

Raven glared around the room, annoyed. "Did anybody aside from Zoe remember the responses?"

Isaac rubbed the back of his neck, looking out the window. Amber tugged at her fringe, avoiding eye contact. And Key just stared at Raven innocently. All four of them were lined up in the living room, fully dressed and waiting to leave. Raven's briefing was the only thing holding them back.

"Most importantly, what are you not allowed to do?" She looked to Isaac for an answer.

The creeper, who suddenly realised he was under exam conditions, thought for a minute before taking a guess. "Flirt with you?"

She starred daggers into him, returning his gaze outside. "No abilities. Which means no fire." She turned to Key. "No teleportation." Next was Zoe. "No climbing. And no…" The sentence trailed off when she reached Amber.

The skeleton looked up. "I can shoot things."

"No shooting things." Raven concluded, partially satisfied. She sighed before gesturing to the door. "Let's go."

The girls filed out, trudging through the cold winter air. Something Raven had said piqued my interest. "Fire?" I asked the creeper as I closed the door behind me, locking it.

He grinned and snapped his fingers. It was difficult in the light of day, but I could just barely observe the orange flicker of sparks dancing across his fingertips.

"I didn't know you could do that…" I was entranced by the spectacle.

"How do you think I light my explosives?"

Considering his statement, I confessed. "A lighter or something?"

He cast me a worried expression, as if fearing for my sanity. "Lame."

The path that we followed only allowed us to walk two by two. Raven and Amber lead the way, although it seemed as if the redhead was trying to get away from her for some reason. Whatever it was, she didn't succeed, Amber was too quick to be outrun. Zoe and Key paced side by side, the cold weather giving the Endergirl an excuse to wear her jumper, and the spider her scarf. The two seemed easy next to each other, Key's usual uptight composure being loosened a little in the girl's presence.

I smirked at the creeper that trailed next to me, still a little uncomfortable in his uniform. He shifted awkwardly in his blazer. "Maybe this is a bad idea…"

"Raven thinks you look good." I noted in response.

The corner of his mouth tilted upwards a bit. "Don't let her hear you say that."