Phone calls

Demi PoV

I stood up to get the phone.
"Hello who's there?"
"A friend of Laura. I just called to say happy birthday."
Wait. Laura has friends? I mean don't get me wrong I am glad she has she just never talks about any. Well maybe from the orphanage.
I made my way back to the living room.
"It's for you baby.",I said while handing the phone to Laura.
"Hello?",she asked.
Then there was a pause so I assume the person on the other line was talking. Next thing I knew was my phone on the floor in a million pieces and Laura on the ground. I ran to her.
"Babygirl are you ok? What happened?"
"I..It's them."
"Them? Who are you talking about? Baby tell me so I can help you."
"My my gran...grandparents. T..they live in L.london. They were too ssick to take care of mmme when my dad d.. di.. died.",she stuttered.
"How did they find you? Why are they calling now?"
"I I don't know."
In that moment the phone started ringing again. Yeah that's when you have more than 1 phone.
"Hello?"
"Hello. I assume by now you know who we are. I am Amanda. Laura's grandmother."
"Why are you calling us?"
"I just wanted to check on my granddaughter. I haven't seen her in so long."
"Well your granddaughter is doing amazing."
"I'm glad to hear that. I would like to speak to her."
I shot a quick look at Laura. She still looked lost,pale and scared. Naya had sat down next to her and held her.
"I don't think she wants to talk to you."
"Ok. But I still want something else."
"What do you want?"
"Her."
"What do you mean her?"
"Laura. We want Laura. We want to take her to London and get custody of her. And we will."
With that the line went dead.

I am so incredibly sorry that it took me soo long to update. But here you go. I hope you like it. Comment your opinion. Should Laura go with her grandparents or stay with Demi?
Until next time♡