Family love and doorbell demons

Demi PoV

Over the next few days Lauras grandparents called again and again. We all we're a mess. Laura has been so clingy it's unbelievable. But I like it. I don't want to let her go. And I won't let these people just take her like that. She's my baby. My daughter. Mine. I can't let her go. She needs me as much as I need her. I'd already called my lawyer in case something would actually happen. She's the best lawyer I could find and she has kids herself so I know she would fight extra hard.
Currently our little family was curled up on the couch. Laura basically lay on top of me and Naya while We lay next to each other holding hands. We've been so attached to each other. I don't mind. All this was really getting to me. I try not to let anyone notice. I don't want Laura to worry. I want her to be positive that everything will turn out to be fine. But I'm scared as fuck. The thing that scares me the most is that I don't know what they have planned. They just called up one day, telling me they want their granddaughter back and not saying anything else. Like what do you want me to think now? What will they do? How much will they do? All these questions were seriously driving me insane. I hadn't really slept in ages. I'm just glad Naya is a deep sleeper so she hadn't noticed and if Laura noticed anything she hasn't said a word.
"Mommy where are you going?",my daughter asked as I got up from the couch.
"I'm just going to the toilet babygirl. I'll be right back. Promise.",I answered her in a soothing tone. I had to be so careful around her. All the confidence she had gained. All the process she made. Gone. Because of that two people. Who do they think they are?
"Ok mom."
Hearing Laura would be fine I got up and went outside the room but stopped when I heard Laura and Naya start to talk.
"Mamma?"
"Yes baby?"
"I'm so scared."
"I know baby. But it's all gonna be fine."
"But what if not? What if my grandparents will really come and try to take me? I don't want to lose you. I've never been as happy as I was with you two. You are my family. My everything." I shouldn't be listening and it's such a sad conversation but I have to admit that really made me smile.
"They won't take you. I won't let them. And mommy won't let them take you either. And even if,which I,as I said, highly doubt, they are your family too. If they will take you I'm sure that they will take good care of you. They are your grandparents. They love you."
"If you say so. But I would be able to visit you often if they really take me right? I mean I barely know them. I haven't seem them in so long. Before my father..yk.. died.. we hadn't talked to them in some time. I don't really know why. And if they really loved me why didn't they take me when I got sent into that orphanage."
"I don't know babygirl. But I'm sure they would let you visit us. No matter what happens remember we love you. I might not even be signed as your guardian but I love you just like you are my own daughter. Which you are. I love you with all my heart baby and I won't ever let you go. I seriously love you so much." Ok that was really cute now.
"Ok mama. I love you too."
I was so glad to see how much Naya and Laura liked each other. My own little family. I will never get sick of the sound of that.
After I went to the toilet and did my business the doorbell rang.
"I got it",I screamed into the living room and went to answer the door. In front of it there were two,rather old looking, people I have never seen before.
"Excuse me. Who are you and how did you find my adress?"
"We are Lauras grandparents. We are here to talk.

I am so sorry it always takes me soo long to update. But here you go. What do you think Lauras grandparents want to talk about?
Until next time.