Kiss & Tell - [Part One]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part One]

With Romeo and Juliet, you're talking about two people who meet one night, and get married the same night. I believe in love at first sight-but it hasn't happened to me yet. - Leonardo DiCaprio

***

"Here's your locker number, a map of the school grounds, and your schedule," Mrs. Prissy, the school secretary says while giving me a forced smile and a look that told me she wanted me gone.

I sigh, feeling uneasy and exhausted. First day of school, new town and a new school year. Yay. I might as well be joyful considering mom wanted me to.

"Thanks," I mumble a reply and quickly scuffle to the exit.

When my mom told my brother and I we were moving, I didn't think we would move faraway. I thought maybe I'll still be in the same school with my same old friends; not across the country in some unfamiliar town.

Even now, when my mom tries to convince me that I would get used to this town and I would make friends; I didn't believe a single word of it.

I was always a lone wolf. Never participating, never responding to questions when teachers call on me, never putting in the effort of making new friends, and never wearing revealing clothes so I can catch a guys eye. Basically, I was classified as a loser in my old school.

The only friends I had was Amy and David, my best friends ever since pre-school. Leaving them, I think, was even harder than going to a new school. They were like my other half; always knowing when I was depressed or angry and always just being there when I needed them.

But now, when I actually needed them, they weren't here; they were on the other side of the country, probably surfing in the Pacific Ocean like we had always done.

Yeah, I was going to miss them but like my mom said, 'I'll get over it.' It might take a year-or two-or three, but you know, I'll get over it.

But right now, I shouldn't be worrying about them, I should be worrying about the fact that I was about to enter a classroom fifteen minutes late. I was late (something I hadn't planned to happen) and I was going to be the center of attention when I walk in-something I really didn't want to happen.

I hate attention. I hate it so much that whenever everyone's eyes were on me I turned into a bloody tomato.

Maybe I should skip...

Yeah, and get my ass kicked by my mother.

I scowl at the door that read A103. Why couldn't you be further?

Just as I was about to lean forward and grip the door knob, the door slammed open causing me to trip on my own feet and crash my head into the door.

"Watch it loser!" I don't bother looking at the stupid prick who had caused me brain damage, because I was seeing stars and maybe even the white light that leads me to heaven.

I am going to die.

I am going to DIE.

Damn, I've only lived on this planet for sixteen years. I'm too young to leave so soon. I have always wanted a future! A kid, a horse, a husband, God, I haven't even met Justin Bieber yet! I have fantasies I want to make real when I meet him.

"OMG! Is she dead?!"

"Hey? Wake up." Is that you Justin...?

"Justin?" I slur trying to open my eyes so I could see my future husband. "Is that you baby?"