Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-nine]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-nine]

000

I watched the world float

To the dark side of the moon

After all I knew it had to be

Something to do with you

Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down

000

I envision myself soothing him, telling him I'm sorry, I'm sorry I said you should die, you shouldn't die, I'm stupid, I wasn't myself when I said that. I could see how the next hour could go. I could be with Caleb the entire night, forgiving him, letting go of our past and perhaps making a friendship.

But in that moment, when I looked down towards Caleb Finn, see his shoulders slump in defeat, his green eyes close, and his passion inflate, I saw someone who wasn't worth my time, and breath.

He did this to himself, why should I care about him? Why should I sooth him when he's the one who broke himself over and over again? I never did anything to hurt him. All I did was give him a reality check. He ruined himself. He destroyed himself to the point where he felt like a walking corpse. I shouldn't worry about him; I shouldn't even be standing here right now.

But then with a sighed defeat, I shake my head again and turn back to him.

"Maybe...maybe you could–"

His eyes fly open before I could finish my sentence. Suddenly, anger fills his once empty eyes. I'm shocked to see so much hatred in them. And I think, bipolar much?

"Leave," he says, between gritted teeth.

Confused, "I was jus–"

"LEAVE!" He shouts, pounding a fist on the table, so hard that it made the walls and I jump.

This time I don't hesitate; I turn away and leave.

This is why I shouldn't care.

This is why he isn't worth my time.

This is why he's a living corpse.

This is why.

[][][]

And when I thought the day wouldn't get any worse, it did.

After searching for a really long time, (five minutes is a very long time, okay) I finally find Cody, lying on the ground with his face puffed up. And then I understand why Caleb's fist was bruised.

But as I see Naomi with Cody's head on her lap, I internally thank Caleb. Maybe I couldn't smack the shît out of Cody, but at least someone could.