Kiss & Tell - [Part Eighteen]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright © ☼

Kiss & Tell - [Part Eighteen]

Lovely cover by
: @holographic_illusion. Thank you. :)

☯☯☯

If I were you, I'd put that away
See, you're just wasted
And thinking about the past again
Darling you'll be okay

Hold on till May - Pierce the Veil.

☯☯☯

"I hate you."

"I know."

"I'm 18."

"So?"

"You can't make me go."

"Uh huh."

"ARIEL.

"It's Mom for you sweetie, did you forget that you came out of me?"

"Ew, what the hell. That's disgusting, don't say stuff like that," I reply, throwing a disgusted grimace at her.

"Okay, then," she simply says and gets back to washing the laundry.

I glare at her back. In fifteen hours, Caleb is supposed to pick me up and we'll go see the campus and pretend that everything that's ever happened between us didn't ever happen.

Yeah, we'll see about that.

"I'm washing your favorite jeans."

"Nice."

Ever since Mom agreed to Caleb showing me around the campus, our conversations have been exactly like this. Sarcastic and glum. But hey, I wasn't the one who threw me to the wolf. She was and darn if I was going to act like that didn't happen.

"Jasmine."

"What?"

"Go shower, you smell." She makes a melodramatic point of blowing the air and plugging her nose with her fingers.

I stare at her. "I don't smell, and frankly, even if I did, I wouldn't care because who am I trying to impress? Surely, it isn't you or Cody and I'm positive it isn't Caleb."

Mom rolls her eyes, "I don't want you to embarrass me. I work with a well-known man and if Caleb says anything to his father about you smelling like dead fish, then I would look bad. Honestly, I wouldn't even care if you smelt like a pig.

"I hate you."

"I know."

For the next two hours, it goes on like this. I don't want to repeat myself over and over again; just know that in the end, I lost, and this snarky lady, won.

❀✿❀

"Smile. Your scowl is unattractive."

"Shut up."

"Jasmine."

"Ariel."

Mom sighs. "Don't you think this little thing going on between you and Caleb is a little stupid?"

"Like you, right." She doesn't understand. The 80’s weren’t like this. She'll never understand.

"Jasmine, come on, don't you think you should talk with him? I mean, Jesus, you left for TWO years because of him. Isn't that enough?"

I narrow my eyes at her. "What are you trying to say?"

She shakes her head and sits on the edge of my bed. "Look, I know you want to go back to California and be with Amy and Dave, but don't you think it'd be better to stay here?"

I quickly shake my head, declining any thought of not going to UOC. "No, I'd rather go back. You're lucky I even agreed to come back for the summer."

Mom looks a little hurt and I almost regret what I said, but honestly, who am I kidding? I didn't even want to come back. I did because of Gram, nothing else. And now look how everything turned out for me. I guess karma decided I need a kick for fleeing for two years.

"Is this only about Caleb and what happened two years ago?" She asks, looking at me like I'm too stupid for keeping a grudge for that long.

"No!" I quickly deny. "I don't care about what happened two years ago, I'm over that."

Mom looks doubtful, as if she's doesn't believe a word I'm saying. "Right. Is that why you don't want to go with Caleb to see the campus?"

My face immediately reddens with frustration. "Are you serious? Caleb is my EX, don't you get that?! He treated me like crap. He fuckin—"

"Watch your words."

I ignore her and continue. "Embarrassed me in front of everyone! And you still want me to pretend NOTHING HAPPENED. Are you insane? Are you high? Are you SERIOUS?" I'm fuming and I could see that Mom is choosing her next words carefully.

"Jasmine. Shut up."

My eyes widen with fury. "I'm leaving. I am so getting out of this messed up house," I say and turn around, quickly grab a sweater, my keys and my slippers. I don't know where I'm going, but I know for sure it isn't anywhere around here.

"Jasmine! Wait!" Mom yells, as I smack the bedroom door open and run down the stairs.

I ignore her and race towards the door before she could follow me and make my life worse than it already is.

As I swing the door open, blindly, I am hit with a hard chest and as I look up and see whose chest that is, my feet slips down the stairs and I don't know what exactly happened next.

But I do know that pissed off green eyes were looking down at me...and then...nothing.

A/N:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALAK!!! This update is really for you ;* your my reading partner and ily even tho your so awkward lol.

HEYY GUYS HAPPY EID!

Lol so who hates me for the cliffy? Who wants to stab meeeeee lol BUT I updated early woohoooo this is like once in a life time LMFAOOO I'm Jk ill be updating more because schools starting soon and I mite not have time then.

BTW, if anyone’s confused about this chapter, this happens the day they come back from the dinner and before the party which Cody would be sneaking out to, it’s about 11:00 P.M right now.

Anyways, I wanna kno who are YOU teamed with? Lol

#teamcaleb? #teamaustin? #teamashton? Lol WHOOOO comment below ☜

TEAMS!

ASHTON!

xD