Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-eight]

Kiss & Tell
Copyright ©
Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-eight]

✿✿✿

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

Seven Devils - Florence and the Machine

✿✿✿

Jasmine POV

"Hello?" I answer the phone, as I sit down on the edge of the couch, completely and utterly bored, and totally desperate for another voice before I began to lose my mind.

"Jasmine?" I hear some guy I immediately recognize as Ashton speak. "We're parking in front of your house, open up please?"

"What?" I scrunch my eyebrows, and quickly walk to the window, peeking out from shades to the front of the house. "Is something wrong?" I ask, worriedly. Why else would Ashton bother visiting me anyways?

"No, no," he says, sounding distracted. "We just wanna talk, that's it."

"Talk?" I question, even more confused. What is there to talk about and- "Wait, whose we?" I pester, moving around so I could spot them, but somehow failing to.

Knock. Knock.

I hear the door before I could even see them, which is freaking weird and Ashton, that asshole, had decided to hang up on me before I could even get an answer, making it ridiculously impolite to not open the door.

Knock. Knock.

I take a deep breath and pat my hair down, praying it didn't look as bad as it felt and then, I swing the door open with an obvious scowl. But before I can realize what exactly was happening, I get shoved aside as a flash of brown hair manages to barge into my house without an invitation. I blink, and rub my eyes tiredly, is this really fuckïng happening?

"Did Shaniqua offer you a hair cut, or is that how you normally look?" Caleb comments, as he glances at me with amusement and then heads up the stairs without another word.

I am quick to scoff, and drag my fingers down my unruly hair, trying my best not to turn red with embarrassment.

"It's....it's not that bad," I hear Ashton say, as he steps inside, and slowly shuts the door behind him.

I immediately start glaring at him, and without any hesitation, I slap his arm roughly. "That's for not telling me Mr. Satan was coming for a visit!" I whisper/shout.

"But you wouldn't have opened the door then!" Ashton complains, holding his arm far away from me.

"Exactly!" I state, shaking my head disappointedly at him, and proceed to run up the stairs to see what Satan was up to.

I find him opening all of the bedrooms upstairs, while calling out, "Cody, you little bastard, where are you?"

"Excuse me, hello, douchebag?!" I shout, marching angrily up to him. He pauses and turns around towards me, his teeth gritted in annoyance. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I snap at him when I am close enough, and then push at his chest with one hand. "You don't get to walk into my house like that. Now," I try grabbing his arm and shoving him back towards the stairs, but he is so damn heavy. "Get out!" I exclaim, exhausted.

Caleb raises an eyebrow, mockingly. "You're so pathetic, you know that, right?" He says.

"At least I'm not fake," the words spill out before I even know what I was saying.

Caleb narrows his eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing!" I say with a rush, and then continue grabbing his arm and pushing him.