Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-one]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-one]

☯☯☯

My head’s underwater

but I’m breathing fine.

All of Me - John Legend

☯☯☯

Turns out when Austin had said that we were alone, he had been lying to  try  to scare me. Well he sure did a great job at that because right as we walked in his apartment, a little kid jumped in the middle of our path and ran into Austin's arms.

        At first I was totally scared shltless because he had literally CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. But then, at he relaxed in Austin's strong arms, his tiny legs wrapped around Austin's waist and his arms clinging desperately around Austin's neck, I began to relax and find him extremely cute.

       But of course, he wasn't that cute after he opened his big mouth. He did look innocent and small and tiny but he was a kid that knew what kind of drugs his older brothers were taking and why they were taking it. He could cuss out a village and make us all feel like we were the ones who were innocent and small and tiny. Trust me, I've had this action placed onto me secondhand.

       "Who is she?" I hear Auden mumble into Austin's ear, still clinging onto him.

      Austin looks up at me for a second, and then mumbles something back in Auden's ear that I can not hear. Beside them, standing awkwardly with my arms folded on my chest, I tap impatiently on the floor with my shoe. And then I wonder why I am here. Austin was obviously busy with his younger brother. He didn't have time for me.

     I shake my head. I should leave now. I grab my purse which had been dropped to the floor after the fright Auden gave me, and move towards the exit. I mean seriously, why am I here? What was I trying to achieve by coming to his house? A relationship would never happen stupid, stupid, stupid Jasmine.

     "I have to go," I quickly say, rushing to leave, without the intention of explaining why in the world am I suddenly running out on him as if someone had died.

     Austin swiftly puts complaining Auden down and hurries after me. Before I could completely exit, he grabs my arm. Confused, he looks at me and asks, "where are you going?"

   “Home, where else?” I say, trying to act cool about it, trying to act careless.

   “But I thought you were going to chill here for a little…” He states, still staring at me with that cute confused expression, as if trying to say, did I do something wrong?

   “Well that was before I knew your little brother was here, I mean I know you have to take care of him and stuff and it’s late and you should probably put him to sleep and I totally understand if you want me to leave because--”

   “Jasmine.”

   “--and he probably has school tomorrow which is another reason why he should be in bed and for you to put him there. So I’ll just be on my way and maybe some other time I could, actually we could--”