Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-two]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirty-two]

☯☯☯

But what I need to hear now

Is your sincere apology

And when you mean it, I'll believe it

7 Things - Miley Cyrus

☯☯☯

That night, I dreamed. I dreamed of myself, however, I was a small, shy, 16 year old Jasmine. I walked to myself, curious about why I am sitting crouched down, with my head in between my legs and back onto a brick wall, and I notice it's our house, the one in Maine, except it was more brighter and alive. As I get closer, I notice I am crying loud ugly sobs. I want to ask myself why, why are you crying?

      But little Jasmine only rocks back and forth, and muttering over and over, "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you."

      I stand above her, confused. "Who do you hate?" I ask.

      She looks up, as if suddenly she noticed I was there. And then she glares. "You!" She shouts. "You're the one who destroyed me!"

      I back up, shocked at the amount of hatred on her face that is directed towards me. "How?" I say, "How could I destroy myself?"

      "You ruined my life, and now look at me Jasmine, look at me!" She screams, and then gets up. I notice for the first time that there is a huge, round, circle surrounding the place where her heart is supposed to be. Instead of blood seeping through the hole, a black smoke surrounds the empty place in her heart.

      I stumble and fall, wide eyed. "I-I would never do that!"

      She moves closer to me, sneering. "You killed me Jasmine," she says, and then touches a string of my unruly hair softly in her hands, her touch so damn light, if I wasn't looking, I would have never noticed it. Then she leans down towards my ear, her cold breath stinging my neck. Slowly, she moves some of my scattered hair behind my ear. "Fix me, Jasmine. Fix me, or you'll end up like me."

      "How?" I respond, desperately clinging onto the wall she has moved me to. "How can I do that?"

      "You know, you've always known."

      “I don’t know!” I reply.

      She shakes her head, and I see that she's sad, for me. “Maybe you were dumb Jasmine.”

      “But I'm not dumb,” I defend myself.

      “Maybe you did fall too fast and loved too quickly,” She says. I see her tearing up, maybe for me or maybe for her. “Maybe all you needed was love when there was no one there to grant it--that you took the first chance you had at being loved just so you can be loved.”

      I feel myself shaking my head. “No, no, I didn't need love. I had love Jasmine. I had my mother and Cody. I didn't need a boy like Caleb to show me love.”

      “Oh, but you did, Jasmine. You were naive and absolutely ridiculous. Maybe Naomi was right, maybe you knew nothing of love and what she and Cody had is love.”

     “But how would you know what love is?” I argue.  “You've never been loved to know it!”

     “What Caleb and I had was a child's joke, I know it. But do you Jasmine?”