Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty]

***

I seen nights full of pain, days of the same

You keep the sunshine, save me the rain

I search but never find, hurt but never cry

I work and forever try, but I'm cursed so never mind

Drop the World - Lil' Wayne & Eminem

***

 Jasmine POV

The party is in full swing, as we park the car and get out. Caleb's driveway is full with fancy cars and my Honda is once again, out of place. The sound coming from inside the house is loud, really loud, and if each house in this neighborhood wasn't a mile apart, then I am pretty sure that the cops would have been breaking this party out right now.

    "I'm going to get high," Cody mutters, and then walks away, leaving me speechless and alone. Well that was abrupt and totally blunt, I think as I shake my head and follow him towards the house. He makes a turn once he gets there, and instead, goes through the backyard.

    I snort, as I stare at his retreating back. So, that's where the high ons like to hang out at parties. Figures.

    Rolling my eyes, I dig my hands in my jean pockets and turn to the house. Well...here goes nothing.

    My shoulders reflectively hunch while I move through the crowd. Caleb's house is crammed with what looks like college students, which automatically makes me uncomfortable seeing how I probably look like a little kid to them. However, I don't think anyone is looking at me or anything. Everyone is in their own drunken world.

   I don't see any of the devils yet so I decide to get a drink, because if tonight goes as planned, I won't be getting any peace for a couple of years. Squeezing past the dancing bodies, I find the bar and proceed to sit down on the stool, trying not to look like a loner as I grab my phone out and pretend to be texting while I wait for the bartender to finish serving a group of girls.

   "What can I get you?" I hear the guy ask when he is done.

   "Vodka," I reply, putting my phone away and raising my head to him.

   He raises an eyebrow. "Vodka? Like neat vodka?"

   I slowly nod my head. "You did just hear me right?"

   He laughs, and then leans closer towards me. "Well hun," he starts. "Firstly, you look like someone who wouldn't have a fake I.D. on them even if I tried looking–"

   I open my mouth to defend myself (even though what he said is completely and utterly true) when he cuts me off and continues.

  "And secondly, neat vodka? Come on, you're not trying to get drunk that quick! The party just started. Have fun, fućk someone, and then get drunk!" He finishes with a playful wink and then moves on to advise some other tortured soul not to drink.

   I sigh, well it would have been better being drunk and seeing Caleb then being sober and seeing him. Trust me, that guy makes you want to be in another galaxy. 

   But considering that I will not be served anytime soon, I get off the chair to turn around and leave so I could find something 'fun' to do. But  as I turn around, my clumsy self accidentally bumps into someone's very hard chest.