Kiss & Tell - [Part Three]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Three]

Maybe they are right. Maybe I did get my hopes up too high. Maybe I was over my head. Maybe I am the stupid one for ever thinking that you loved me, but maybe, just maybe, I am tired of being alone.

***

"Breathe, Jazz. Breathe. Yes... Perfect! Now all we have to do is your makeup!" Mom cheerfully says whilst turning away. I should have never told her I had a date! Ever since I mentioned Caleb, all she has been doing was questioning me about him.

"Is he sexy?"

I had answered with a blush and a childish "Mom!"

"Does he have abs?"

Hell yeah! But I had only covered my head and yelled at my mother.

"Does he make you swoon? Your dad did when I first met him..."

Um. MOM! Yeah, I know, I responded with another childlike EW!

You probably get my drift. Mom was frustrating and humiliating. When I told her that the date was at seven, she literally flew across the table, grabbed my hand and started dragging me to my room–ignoring my protests.

She dressed me up–I'm serious–and forced me on birth control; saying that I might get lucky on this date. The whole time, I was furiously flushing in mortification. What kind of mother says these things? Oh yes, of course, my mother did.

"Jasmine! Don't you dare space out like this on your date. He might think you're getting bored of him! It is not proper to be dazing off on a date–especially your first date," mom scolds me while trying to turn my face towards her so she can put eyeliner on me.

I frown at her and once again move my head. Couldn't I just go without makeup? I heard girls without makeup are more attractive to guys.

Don't ask where I found that that fact.

"Jazz, daaarling," mom drawls, looking up at me with her bright blue eyes. Her puppy-dog eyes. "Please?"

I sigh; that bloody blackmailer. She knew I couldn't resist the puppy-dog eyes.

I let her take care of my face–drawing the line when she got out the bright red lipstick. That was a no-no for sure.

After mom left, I slowly got up from my seat on my bed and made my way towards my full-size mirror. I was shocked to see the person on the other side of the mirror was actually–me!

My blond hair wasn't lifeless–like it was earlier. It was in curls. Cute curls. It had volume; something my hair wasn't used to. My mom had chosen a tight yellow V-neck for me to put on and pretty jean shorts that had yellow sunflowers on one side. My lashes were dark and long and my cheeks were tinted with pink. I looked pretty. Prettier than I had ever looked like before.

I couldn't help but smile broadly. My life was turning out...perfect. I had been asked out! Someone actually likes me. Me–the loner who no one took a second glimpse at.

"Jazz! Honey, your date is here!" Oh my God! What time was it?! I quickly look at my iPhone. It was 7:07! How long had I been checking myself out?

Long enough...

Hastily, I take a quick glance at myself; making sure my hair wasn't out of place or my makeup hadn't smudged in the past few seconds I hadn't been checking myself out.