Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-one]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright © ☼

Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-one]

***

How do you live with regrets?

-Baby-steps. Varsity.

***

JASMINE POV

Sometimes I remember, after fleeing to California, of how if would have been if I stayed. Would everything have gone back to normal after a month or so? Would I have been tormented for the rest of my sophomore year? I don't know what could have happened. And anyways, I didn't want to find out then. But now? I've been thinking about it lately. Ever since Cody mentioned getting revenge on the devils, I've been thinking nonstop.

Couldn't I have gotten my revenge before I left? Why didn't I think of that before running away like a little baby?

I remember being the strong one when dad left mom two and a half years ago. I was so strong then, and no matter how much I try to convince myself that I still am strong and that no one will ever hurt me again, I know I'm lying.

I'm like a glass, a thin piece of glass that will shatter if it's pushed on the edge. I will break down into millions and billions of pieces and will be bruised and left scared in the end. I'll admit it; I am emotional and will cry if I am pressured.

I may crack jokes and pretend to be funny, and I may act tough by yelling at Cody, but in reality, I'm not any of those, at all.

I'm just one big emotional wreck.

It's sad.

"Honey! Caleb is here!"

And you know what? I don't want Prince Charming to rescue me anymore.

•••

CALEB POV

Maybe cussing Eliza isn't going to help me out right now. Sure she got me into this uncomfortable and VERY unfortunate place, but it's not like I can jump out of reality and visit wonderland for the next three hours that COULD have been spent on smoking weed with Ashton.

Parking a few houses away from the Heller’s, I grab a cigarette from the box and light it. Taking a deep puff, I relax a bit in my seat. Man, this stuff is like beer except it doesn't taste as gross. It gets you relaxed and calm. I need this before I could have my ex, (which I mortified extremely severely) in my car.

Ten minutes later, I sigh. Grabbing my phone, I get out and head to Jasmine's house. I stop for a few seconds, raise my head towards God and pray...wish me luck. I'm not lying when I say I truly need it.

When I get there, I start knocking. Miss. Heller opens the door two seconds later and I am greeted with a big hug and very annoying ghetto rap music coming from somewhere upstairs; Cody, of course. I cringe at the way Jasmine’s mom embraces me to her chest. 

"Caleb! I'm so happy you came dear! I've been trying to get Jasmine to apply to a college nearby but that girl is so stubborn! Maybe you can convince her huh?" Ariel says, winking and grabbing my arm while shoving (not joking, she literally shoved) me towards the living room. I grit my teeth in annoyance.

Eliza is paying, she is so PAYING.

"Honey! Caleb is here!" Ariel shouts towards the stairway. When we get to the living room, she basically flings me onto the couch. I sit rigidly, not knowing what I should say or do.

Ariel smiles. "You know girls; they take forever to get dressed. You know when I was in college; I used to take five hours—"

I zone out for like five minutes because this lady is NOT going to shut up. I almost pull out my phone and check my Facebook page but that's considered discourteous right?