Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-three]

Kiss & Tell
Copyright ©
Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-three]

✿✿✿

Bring your love baby I could bring my shame
Bring the drugs baby I could bring my pain
I got my heart right here
I got my scars right here.

Wicked Games - The Weeknd

✿✿✿

Cody POV

"You got lucky," the doctor says, smiling up at me. "Your ribs are bruised, not broken. You might need to wrap them for a few weeks, but you're going to be fine."

As the doctor turns away, I roll my eyes. He talks as if I should be happy with what I got. I mean, I should be happy -- at least they're not broken. But then again if they were actually broken, it wouldn't matter because everything else is broken.

Austin POV

I'm not someone who gets jealous.

I'm the type of guy who wouldn't care if you fucked my girlfriend, even if you were to be my brother for example. But, you know, it is clearly not ditto on the opposite end.

Girlfriends came and went for me, so there was never really a point to fret over some chick I knew will only last a few weeks before running off with someone else. And it wasn't like I was going to end up marrying them anytime soon, so really, why should I have given a fuck about them at all? There was really no point in giving any fucks.

But then Jasmine...seeing her dance with Ashton, I....I actually gave a fuck.

I don't know what this feeling means, but what I already know is that this feeling sucks. It sucks to care, because caring always hurts so damn much.

And I don't want to hurt anymore.

Jasmine POV

Being nervous and getting revenge on Caleb are not two cute combinations you could just mix together and surprisingly get an extraordinary result. Yeah, I don't know if that made any sense either but hey, maybe it's the alcohol speaking.

Yeah, blame everything on the alcohol Jasmine....

Shut up, I mumble back to myself and continue walking, trying my best to get through the "guards" so I can see the Prince of England himself. The amount of girls surrounding Caleb is impossible. I have to push past five girls to get to him, and even then, they just keep coming back to dance with him.

He is the man of the party after all.

Caleb see's me when I see him. So I try my best to look like I'm not five seconds away from fleeing to the nearest exit, and I try to smile forcefully at him.

At first, his eyes widen as if in surprise. But then he sorta shrugs it off and continues dancing like I'm not standing in front of him. Well, that is new, I think, raising both my eyebrows with surprise. Usually when you're dealing with Caleb you get more then just a shrug.

But as I move closer to him, I realize that he is high. His eyes are rimmed red and the amount of alcohol he is gulping down to his immune system is inhuman. No one, not even someone that is totally drunk would drink that much beer without passing out already.

So yeah, even though Caleb is a dick, anyone would feel pity for his lack of restrain.

As Caleb lets some girl dance on him, I squeeze my eyes shut, say a tiny prayer, and then cut between them. Caleb barely notices, but the girl does, which automatically results in her sending me a dirty sneer. I mumble an unheartful sorry, and take the girls place with Caleb. I don't think he knows that he's dancing with me, because when he grabs my waist, I'm shocked that he isn't disgusted of my presence.