Kiss & Tell - [Part Ten]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Ten]

***

"Who the hell are you?" I jump about fifty feet high and try my best to stifle the scream threatening to crawl out of my mouth.  

I turn around and there—standing a few feet away—is a little boy with a baseball cap on his head. He has cute little splatters of freckles sprinkled on his face and big blue eyes that were wide with...irritation? He wore ripped shorts and a shirt three sizes bigger on him. He looked about 6/7 years old. 

"Um...Jasmine," I say, awkwardly, not really knowing what to say. I sneak a look back at the horror lying in the room and quickly turn back around; afraid that I may have woke them up.

Oh my god...Ashton is here... 

"What the f*ck are you doing in our house?!" The boy spits out. My eyes widen. What in the world...

"Um..." 

"You little hamburger! I'm telling on you! ASHTOOOOOON!" 

So much for not waking them up... 

I quickly turn back around to the two douche-bags lying on the bed. Cody groans, itches his head for a second, eyes still closed, faced scrunched in pain, and then he grabs a pillow to cover up the noise the little boy was making. Good, I think. 

"ASHTOOON! WAKE UP! THE HOUSE IS BURNING DOWN!" The little guy screams and starts jumping in circles. I stare wide-eyed at him, my eyes going back and forth to the repulsions in front of me.  

"SHUT UP!" The hot guy who let me in shouts back somewhere inside the house. The kid’s voice could possibly break glass—that's how loud it is.  

I see Ashton, same as ever, just probably a bit manlier, groan and try to open his eyes while he sits up, rubbing at his eyes irratibly. He rakes a hand through his shaggy black hair and finally looks up.  

His reaction is priceless and if I wasn't in such a compromising position, I would have laughed, long and loud. His eyes had widen as if he'd seen a ghost and then he jumps up from his bed and accidentally knocks over an lamppost. The lamp crashes to ground before Ashton has a chance to grab at it. The sound echoes in the now silent—crazy kid has shut up—room and we stare.  

I am the first to break eye contact. I twist my eyes to my brother instead. Look at him; he's pale and nauseatingly pasty. Damaged.

All because of them.

Where else would he have gotten the drugs the hot guy was talking about?

I look back at Ashton. He probably helped ruin my brother. I mean why would he be with him right now? When Cody told me yesterday that 'Caleb says hi,' I instantly knew that he was shitting me. Probably payback.

But could it be true? Could Cody be friends with the people who had ruined my life, turned me depressed, and made me move away from my family? Could he? Because I have a hard time believing that my brother would drop so low.  

No, not my brother.  

"Who the hell are you?" I sigh. I swear to every living thing, if I fuck!ng get an 'who the hell are you' question one more time, I am going to claw that persons eyeballs out and then feed then to my imaginary zombie friend.

I ignore Ashton's stupid question, because of course he knows me—his friends ruined my life, surely he would know what his 'friends' did to me.