Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-one]

Kiss & Tell
Copyright ©
Kiss & Tell - [Part Forty-one]

✿✿✿

So, what if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.
What's so good about picking up the pieces?
What if I don't even want to?

Caraphernelia - PTV (feat. Jeremy McKinnon of A Day to Remember)

✿✿✿

Jasmine POV

       "I just hate him, you know? He's rude, he's absolutely mean, and has no consideration to those he's hurting," I answer Ashton, shrugging nonchalantly.

      Ashton laughs, but nods his head. "That's very true," he says, and then almost like an afterthought, "But not always," he adds.

      I scoff, "Right, because Caleb is not always an asshole," I say, and then stay silent for a second before whispering, "That was sarcasm if you didn't notice."

      Once again, Ashton lets out a laugh. "I noticed, but I still don't understand."

      I turn my body around towards him, and look at him expectantly. "What is there not to understand?" I question, truly wanting to know his response.

      Ashton rotates towards me, too and then grins. For a second, I forget that this is Ashton in front of me and not Austin. Ashton's smile is exactly like Austin's. Hot, and extremely drool-worthy. God, they remind me of the Salvatore brothers in The Vampire Diaries. Sexy and, well . . . totally against each other . . . which just makes them even hotter. . .okay, maybe I need to stop watching TVD.

    "What I don't get is why you hate—"

   "Aaand I just answered that," I cut in, sighing irritably.

    "—him even though you said he meant nothing to you?" Ashton finishes, lifting an eyebrow.

  I shut up, and then open my mouth to say something, but then close it when the thought quickly vanishes. I frown, "That's irrelevant," I then answer, when nothing seemed to come to mind.

   Ashton smirks. "Got you, didn't I?"

  I immediately decline, shaking my head with a deep scowl. "No," I say. "You asked something that is totally insignificant, and I won't answer it because once again: irrelevant, insignificant, inadequate, unimportant, meaningless, pointless, worthless—"

   Ashton interrupts, rolling his eyes. "So you liked him, huh?"

   I glare menacingly, "I didn't like him," I respond as calmly as I could muster.

   "Riight," Ashton says, "So, you loved him then."

   I lean closer to Ashton, and then grab his arm as roughly as a girl can roughly grab. "Remember how I said I will shove your balls down your brother's throat?"

    Ashton tries his best not to grin widely. So, he keeps his mouth shut and nods instead.

    "Well that threat hasn't expired yet," I say, and then pull away grumpily.

    He stays quiet, and leaves me alone to my own jumbled thoughts. Ashton's question kept repeating in my head. What I don't get is why you hate him even though you said he meant nothing to you? Well...I don't know Ashton, maybe because he DID mean something to me? Before Naomi, before Isaac and before Quinn. When I did say yes to go out with him, he was different and maybe that part was all an act, but that part of him had meant something to me, and even though I keep saying no, it didn't, it did.