Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-four]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-four]

•••

And suddenly, I become a part of your past,

I'm becoming the part that don't last,

I'm losing you and it's effortless.

-The Fray.

•••

Pretty girl can see that I'm pissed, and an innocent face appears as she looks at me. I ignore her fake obliviousness and turn towards Caleb. With a stern face, I say, "We need to go, now."

He looks annoyed and rolls his eyes. "Why? We just got here, and I'm pretty sure your mother wouldn't like that you haven't toured the place yet."

"Well why don't you get your butt up so we could go to the tour!" I say, exasperated.

"We are at the tour." He says, as if he's talking to a little child. Pretty girl giggles and looks up at me with a smirk. I am about three seconds away from banging both their heads together.

"No, I just asked the guy over there and he says the tour is in the main building. Which is three miles away from here. Which means we only have twenty minutes to get there. Which ALSO means that we need to go now!" I say, or more like shout at him.

But Caleb being Caleb only rolls his eyes in a carefree way and relaxes in his chair even more. Pretty girl looks at him and admires his strong arms and tight blue shirt clinging to his evident 6-pack. Pathetic. So pathetic. Caleb sees this and smirks.

"My convertible can get us there in five minutes, chill out there girl." Pretty girl squeals once Caleb mentions his convertible.

"Oh my God, can I go for a ride? Is it like one of those cars where there's no top? Caleb can we pleaaase go for a ride?" She pouts, excited like a child that's mother has just announced that school is off for the rest of the year.

I am about to reach over and pull the girl's perfect hair when Caleb gets up and pulls pretty girl up with him. She giggles and together, they race out of the building. For a moment, I'm shocked, hurt and angry.

A memory of Caleb and me running towards the cafeteria flashes inside and I want to cry because how many times has Caleb made a girl feel excited, alive, and happy? How many times has he broken them, humiliated them, and made them curse the male specie?

How many times has he told a girl that he loves her and in the moment of happiness and love she has returned the vow?

But how long will he continue to break hearts? How long? I want to scream and shout.

Drained and too tired to fight, I walk slowly out the door. When I get to the parking lot, I had at least expected Caleb to be there patiently waiting for me so we could go to the main building. But there's no red convertible anywhere around. I'm shocked. Did-did he just ditch me? Oh my God, he did!

I kick the dried up earth in frustration, and I scream loudly, a sound so shrill I see birds flutter away. Now what? I'm in a parking lot with no one I know around and an hour away from home.

When had I ever gone wrong in my life for me to be abandoned in the middle of Maine surrounded by an empty parking lot? When had I ever gone wrong, god dammit?!

Realizing that I should walk those three miles to the main building, I go back inside and ask George for directions. He gives them politely and warns me that the tour is in ten minutes and in other words, I should hurry my aśs up.

During this time in Maine, the heat burned and heels were meant to abuse a women's feet. Once again, Caleb has managed to humiliate me on so many levels. I walk on main roads so I wouldn't get raped in dark allies; especially with what I'm wearing. I swear I feel like a stripper that's waiting to get picked up as I walk down the roads with my heels.

More than once cars stop, and horny college boys beep and yell out, "how much for a night babe?" "Come to daddy you sexy thing." "Why don't you hop into my car, I can give you a ride *wink* if you know what I mean." No buddy, I don't know what you mean. Nor do I want to know what your perverted mine means.

I hate Caleb with so much passion at this moment. My so called revenge has obviously failed and I felt so dam stupid. I can guarantee that Caleb has no love bone in his body. He lusts after pretty girls but in the end, once he gets what he wants, he leaves. Simple as that.

I curse him with every step I take, every sting that shoots up my leg because of my heels, and every time a car stops. This is his entire fault. Everything is his fault.

When the sixth car stops, I've so had it that I start screaming at them to leave me alone before they even start with me. My eyes sting with tears because I look like a crazed stripper that hasn't had her hit the night before. This is Caleb's fault. His fault. Everything.

I turn away from the car and continue towards the building.

Who knows if he's even there? He's probably already rented a motel for pretty girl and him.

A few feet away from the car, I notice that the car hasn't moved from its stop, in fact, the person had parked the car and was just getting out. I panic, oh my God, what if it's some serial killer?! I get ready to start running when I notice the person who was driving the car.

Austin.

A/N:

Surprise, surprise.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a great one. ❤️

So Austin's back, who misses him? I know you do Diana ;c

I'm going to try to finish this book. I promise. Because I want to start a new one by at least February.

Please, if you can,
shout out my book, comment as much as you can, and vote and follow.

Enjoy your break. Love. You. Lots.