Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirteen]

Kiss & Tell 

Copyright ©  

Kiss & Tell - [Part Thirteen] 

*** 

"Hey! Wait-where are you going?" He shouts above the music. I ignore him and keep running. I don't know where I'm going. All I know is that I can't stand being in this house anymore. I need air and a place where I could bury myself under tons of blankets and hide from the rest of the dramatic world.  

I need to run, to flee, to cry.  

Coward, a voice in me taunts. Once again, your fleeing. Is that all you do?  

Yeah, well maybe I am a coward.  

"Hey come on. He's stupid. And he's your brother." The guy says when I make it to the car after shoving my way through the trashy dancers.  

I ignore him and struggle to find my keys in my purse. I'm fumbling with my shaky hands.  

He sighs and for once, looks a bit serious. "Your seriously going to leave him like that?" I don't respond, though I finally find the keys.  

"Please?" I plea when he moves and blocks my way to the car door. "I need to go." 

He quirks an eyebrow. "No." 

"No?"  

"No." 

I'm getting pissed. He's annoying the hell out of me and I just want to leave. I need to leave. Now. 

"Go get your brother." He demands. I glare at him with so much rage and curl my fists so tight that they turn white.  

"No. He can come on his own. He doesn't need a babysitter. And I sure as hell don't need to babysit his sorry behind." I spit out and move past him to the passengers seat.  

He sees what I'm doing but doesn't look like he gives a damn. "I'm going to grab him for you. Can you please stay until I do?" He asks, giving me a firm but hesitant demand.  

A minute passes before I respond. "Fine." 

He runs off as soon as my words slip out. I think about leaving and bailing out on both the guy and Cody but then I worry about Mom and how she would freak out again if Cody wasn't in bed.  

I stay quiet as my mind silently recalls what happened minutes ago. Cody...you stupid ass.

*** 

"Hey! Open up, your brother weighs a ton!" I jump up quickly and get out of the car. The least I could do is help. It's not like I want to, it's just that the guy has been really helpful and I've been really rude to him. But, he did scare the shit out of me. So payback, I guess?

Yeah, I'm still immature.  

We both lift Cody and dump him into the back seat. He is totally out of it, but he does crawl into a ball and moan with an pained expression on his face.  

For a second I am flashed with a memory of a time when Cody was sick because Mom had tried to make 'food' and ended up poisoning him with her cooking. He had looked so vulnerable when he stayed in bed that day, curled into a ball. But Cody is not vulnerable. He isn't. 

Good, I think, when he starts moaning again. He deserves this. After all, he is the one who called this on himself. Stupid, stupid, stupid boy. He should have thought about the aftermath before taking a shot of God-knows-what. He also should have thought about his sister, me, for Gods sake! He should have thought! But NO!