Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-six]

Kiss & Tell

Copyright ©

Kiss & Tell - [Part Twenty-six]

☯☯☯

She’s dancing with strangers,

Falling apart

Waiting for Superman to pick her up.

Waiting for Superman - Daughtry

☯☯☯

For the next five days, life goes on. Nothing exciting or out of ordinary happens. I don't have any run-ins with the devils and Cody hasn't been a big problem lately, in fact, he's been trying his best to get back on Moms good side because she hasn't been letting him go anywhere. I think that is a great thing. With Cody in our custody, he won't cause any trouble and I won't be seeing any of the devils for a long, long time. 

        "Jasmine!" Mom yells from somewhere downstairs. I'm in my room sorting out the dirty from the clean. In fact, I don't really think there is anything clean in this pile of clothes. I haven't gone anywhere other than the grocery store and my bedroom and yet, I have managed to dirty all my clothes. Someone please explain to me how that is possible. 

       Sighing, I realize that today will be spent washing clothes, I push them aside and head downstairs to see what mom wants. 

          "Mom..?" I frown, she wasn't down here. From the kitchen, I hear the front door open and then close. 

        "Jasmine, over here dear," Mom shouts, sounding out of breath  and I quickly go over to her to see what's up. 

         "Wha– whoa...you look..."

         "Disturbing? Dirty? Like a hobo? Yes, I know. Now please go fetch me some towels, I don't want to dirty the living room with any drips of this mud." It takes me a minute to move my feet. Mom was covered from head to toe in dirt. It looked like she slipped in a pigs bed and when the pig spotted her laying in his bed, he chased her and she eventually made it here. I almost ask her if my theory was correct, but she's glaring at me to get her some fuckïng towels. 

           I roll my eyes and walk away to fetch (like a dog) because that's what mother said, 'fetch' some towels for her highness. 

           "So...what happened to you," I ask, once I return with the towels and Mom starts wiping herself but instead of clearing the mud, it just smears across her face and I can't help but laugh at her.

          "I'm amusing you, aren't I?" She sighs. "I'm never going out in this weather again. I slipped and fell in the damn neighbors garden.  Days like this, I would love to be back in sunny California..." 

               I stop laughing. "Then let's go back," I simply say. 

         "It's not that easy. And anyways, I've gotten used to Maine. I want to stay here." She stops wiping and looks at me for a second. "You're going back to California, aren't you?" It's not a question, just a statement.